PDA

View Full Version : IS Overture R.I.P ?

thegenius1
26th January 2007, 07:45 PM
Man i know over the last few months it may take a few times to reload the japanese Ovt. but now it seems to work 1 in every 50-100 anybody having this issue ?

yanni
26th January 2007, 07:50 PM
yup

bwhhisc
26th January 2007, 09:12 PM
Yes, OVT has been really up and down. Sometimes will register 3 or 4 times, then shut down. Not sure what the problem is, but a year ago it was flawless. Have you noticed many changes in the OVT up or down?

Lets just hope it's 1000's of Japanese users clogging the OVT system as they search and register native language domains. lol

Fka200
26th January 2007, 09:25 PM
Yes, OVT has been really up and down. Sometimes will register 3 or 4 times, then shut down. Not sure what the problem is, but a year ago it was flawless. Have you noticed many changes in the OVT up or down?

Lets just hope it's 1000's of Japanese users clogging the OVT system as they search and register native language domains. lol

still working like it always has --- never

yanni
26th January 2007, 09:45 PM

I'm sure I read somewhere that the toll is being abandoned by Yahoo.

zenmarketing
26th January 2007, 10:15 PM
Things seem to be getting worse and worse for the Overture tool...

bwhhisc
26th January 2007, 10:18 PM
still working like it always has --- never

It used to run pretty smooth, we did some huge runs thru idntools.net last April and May...probably 25,000 plus Japanese dictionary words without any problems. The problems seem to have started about 3 months ago and it is really up and down.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the toll is being abandoned by Yahoo.

I hope not, I think it is an interesting tool but not sure the number of searches really come in at that level.
Supposedly it is "only" yahoo searches, with google, baidu etc. it would be a lot more. Interesting times are on the horizon!

Fka200
26th January 2007, 10:57 PM
It used to run pretty smooth, we did some huge runs thru idntools.net last April and May...probably 25,000 plus Japanese dictionary words without any problems. The problems seem to have started about 3 months ago and it is really up and down.

I hope not, I think it is an interesting tool but not sure the number of searches really come in at that level.
Supposedly it is "only" yahoo searches, with google, baidu etc. it would be a lot more. Interesting times are on the horizon!

Time for google to start its own overture clone.

rhys
27th January 2007, 02:35 AM

Except for Japanese overture where yahoo is pretty much the whole show except for MSN.

seamo
27th January 2007, 10:02 AM
It was working ok for me until the last couple of days. Can't get it to load at all now :confused:

What'll us domainers do now?

domainguru
27th January 2007, 11:34 AM
Could well be R.I.P. There have been rumours for months it would be pulled, just too many scripts accessing it....

rhys
27th January 2007, 11:50 AM
Scripts don't seem to stop them on the Bids tool. Why don't they institute the same annoying "insert the script you see above" as a protective barrier?

domainguru
27th January 2007, 11:54 AM
Scripts don't seem to stop them on the Bids tool. Why don't they institute the same annoying "insert the script you see above" as a protective barrier?

No idea. Can't argue with that logic :)

rhys
27th January 2007, 12:30 PM
Looks like Yahoo has their new advertising service "Panama" launching in the first quarter. Have a look.

http://news.com.com/Yahoo+earnings+drop+on+slow+ad+sales/2100-1030_3-6126858.html

thegenius1
3rd February 2007, 02:54 AM
Its Back Faster then EVER ! :)