PDA

View Full Version : .cn drops?

zenmarketing
30th January 2007, 07:43 PM
Do you know where I can get a list of .cn names that are dropping?

Can .cn's be backordered through Snapnames?

Any info on snapping up expired .cn's would be very helpful.

Thanks!

IDNCowboy
30th January 2007, 10:01 PM
Do you know where I can get a list of .cn names that are dropping?

Can .cn's be backordered through Snapnames?

Thanks!
.com .net .org .info .biz can be ordered thru snap
looks like .de and .co.uk can be ordered too
they don't backorder .cn tho

blastfromthepast
31st January 2007, 02:37 AM

No one should be sharing this kind of information.

zenmarketing
31st January 2007, 02:39 AM

It was worth a shot :)

IDNCowboy
31st January 2007, 02:40 AM
yep no offense zenmarketing - seeing how you have bidding up many names on snap to $xxxx people won't want the extra competition :P

touchring
31st January 2007, 04:55 AM
yep no offense zenmarketing - seeing how you have bidding up many names on snap to $xxxx people won't want the extra competition :P

We all got our newbie adrenalin rush, can't wait to get at as many names as possible so as not to lose out. I did that when i started bidding on tdnam a year plus ago, sold some names for 100% profit, got stuck with a few names, and now i'm cutting loss on the stuckies. But luckily, ascii generics are ascii generics, still worth money and never a total writeoff.

For Asian IDNs, it's a total gamble, as Edwin once said. If u got the spare $100k cash to gamble with, by all means, go ahead and grab as many as you can, and at this stage, any name can be gotten for $xxxx. Those names can be worth millions in the future, or zero.

Btw, anyone wants to pay a premium for .cn, be informed that cnnic or registrars do confiscate .cns. Ask Dave about his china.cn. I also read that software.cn was confiscated while reading a chinese forum.

cdehoo
31st January 2007, 05:52 AM
Btw, anyone wants to pay a premium for .cn, be informed that cnnic or registrars do confiscate .cns. Ask Dave about his china.cn. I also read that software.cn was confiscated while reading a chinese forum.
You were wrong .
IDN.CN Registers In 15 days, CNNIC thought not appropriately, CNNIC Is authorized to the deletion.(Refunds money)
But registers surpasses 15 day,CNNIC cannot casually delete!!!Never casual deletion!!!
software.cn This kind of profession word , droped , CNNIC On possible to list as the limit registration scope.

Rubber Duck
31st January 2007, 10:43 AM
We all got our newbie adrenalin rush, can't wait to get at as many names as possible so as not to lose out. I did that when i started bidding on tdnam a year plus ago, sold some names for 100% profit, got stuck with a few names, and now i'm cutting loss on the stuckies. But luckily, ascii generics are ascii generics, still worth money and never a total writeoff.

For Asian IDNs, it's a total gamble, as Edwin once said. If u got the spare $100k cash to gamble with, by all means, go ahead and grab as many as you can, and at this stage, any name can be gotten for $xxxx. Those names can be worth millions in the future, or zero.

There is absolutely no chance whatsoever that Chinese IDN will not be worth a lot of money in two or three years time. The only question mark is how long is going to take people to recognise that value. In the very short-term posting such nonsense will continue to have an impact on resale prices but within months, possibly weeks the impact that such comment will have on markets will be negligible as it is about a credible as much of the crap written in the US on Vista this week. I have have just read one article that projects Vista to get 50% market penetration 2012-14. Even crack cocaine doesn't muddle a persons thinking to that degree!

On my "China.cn", this I believe had little to do with the registry. It was showing in my Domainsite account but I dropped it because I didn't believe it was properly registered. If it had been I would have been able to change my nameservers which I could not.

cdehoo
31st January 2007, 01:46 PM
mistake.....

Rubber Duck
31st January 2007, 02:19 PM
CNNIC says that all Chinese sites will be IDN in two years. There is a huge amount of evidence that companies are already cloning their existing sites to IDN. IDN in China will happen. It is happening. All government sites will go IDN, there is huge political will to make this happen. The Chinese are the ones that have pushed this from the very start. Without China there would be no IDNs!

I am sorry, but if you want to put the case against IDN in China, you are going to have to do a lot better than stating disagreement.

touchring
31st January 2007, 11:42 PM
You were wrong .
IDN.CN Registers In 15 days, CNNIC thought not appropriately, CNNIC Is authorized to the deletion.(Refunds money)
But registers surpasses 15 day,CNNIC cannot casually delete!!!Never casual deletion!!!
software.cn This kind of profession word , droped , CNNIC On possible to list as the limit registration scope.

I've place a link or two here - http://idnclub.com/talk/archiver/tid-1975.html
http://www.im286.com/archiver/tid-1476359.html (note, in discussions are in chinese).

Since you can search in chinese, you can find more topics on various forums regarding the illegal deletion of software.cn. There must be other cases, but i've not really researched in it extensively. I've got myself a few prime .cn generics, crossing my fingers for the time being. If they are safe for the next 2 years, they should be ok.

The only question mark is how long is going to take people to recognise that value. In the very short-term posting such nonsense will continue to have an impact on resale prices but within months, possibly weeks the impact that such comment will have on markets will be negligible as it is about a credible as much of the crap written in the US on Vista this week.

The wait isn't too long, just another 2 mths to go - and as you always said - IDNs will take off by April or never. Going by that, we should know whether our common gamble will pay off very soon. :)

ljp198
1st February 2007, 02:38 AM
I've place a link or two here - http://idnclub.com/talk/archiver/tid-1975.html
http://www.im286.com/archiver/tid-1476359.html (note, in discussions are in chinese).

Since you can search in chinese, you can find more topics on various forums regarding the illegal deletion of software.cn. There must be other cases, but i've not really researched in it extensively. I've got myself a few prime .cn generics, crossing my fingers for the time being. If they are safe for the next 2 years, they should be ok.

The wait isn't too long, just another 2 mths to go - and as you always said - IDNs will take off by April or never. Going by that, we should know whether our common gamble will pay off very soon. :)

软件.cn,这个域名是我最先跟踪,然后和广航一起抢注,(没有.cn删除的列表,我靠的是每次做笔记,然后广航提供程序抢注).当时是6月21日,过了不久,就被无理由的删除,现在已经被CNNIC做为收藏品.

软件.cn (software.cn),this idn is I and guanghang(广航) cyber-squatting,but delete in future.more topics word is CNNIC's collection.