PDA

View Full Version : My first site

markits
4th February 2007, 09:18 AM
http://クレジットカード.com (creditcard.com)

I put it up few days ago and now it ranks at the forth position at yahoo.com for keyword クレジットカード. However, I couldn't find it at yahoo.co.jp. Why is that?

BTW, the site is awful. I am willing to pay someone to add a professional touch to the site.

seamo
4th February 2007, 09:35 AM
Well done Markits...no.4 rank in such a short time frame is an indicator of the quality of this domain. Yahoo.co.jp takes about a week to index. If you're not top by then it's probably because other sites have stronger SEO content.

I'd be very happy if I owned this domain!

Olney
4th February 2007, 09:35 AM
Your Encode needs to be shift-jis or UTF-8
This is one of the ways that the search engines can see what language it is.
Your encode right now is for Latin text
If you look at your source code you'll see that the text isn't the same as what you are viewing accessing the site.
charset=iso-8859-1 needs to be changed.
Try trading some links I might be able to trade a link with you PM me.
Also put the backlink in punycode on here or other forums you are on to get it indexed quick.

Olney
4th February 2007, 09:51 AM
You only need to be concerned in what people in the domain's market will use.
So ranking on Yahoo.com wouldn't be a big plus (for Japanese traffic) because your results & my results in Tokyo can be, & actually are different.
The default that has importance is Yahoo.co.jp, then Google.co.jp

I'm not getting it coming up here on Yahoo.com at #4 it's at #41 for me on Yahoo.com

markits
4th February 2007, 11:14 AM
Thanks very much everyone for your help. Right now Olney is helping me step by step to fix my problems. I now understand that the problem comes from my Chinese Window system.

The site is at 4th position when searched by Yahoo toolbar and, very strange, at 41st position by searching at yahoo.com.

IDNCowboy
10th February 2007, 09:10 PM
Thanks very much everyone for your help. Right now Olney is helping me step by step to fix my problems. I now understand that the problem comes from my Chinese Window system.

The site is at 4th position when searched by Yahoo toolbar and, very strange, at 41st position by searching at yahoo.com.
nice........ ;-) You should make a mint

markits
1st April 2007, 08:37 AM
Thnaks