PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Domain Auction Poll

DomainExperiment
6th February 2007, 07:20 PM
I would like to conduct a Poll.

Currently I am selling 40 domains on ebay and the buyers seem to be very selective. Perhaps your typical bargain hunter domain speculators(just like me). My 4 letter domains get gobbled up but other decent domains either don't sell or sell for 0.99 cents. I was prepared for a little bit of a learning curve with this DomainExperiment thing but I didn't know that it would be costing me this much money. Not only do I have the domains to pay for but I also have the ebay listing cost and the paypal payment fees. I have taken a big hit in the last week and I imagine I will contune to get kicked in the gut. But then again this is a learning process.

I am curious out of the members on this forum that collect domains, how many of you search domains on ebay on a regular basis? Please post a reply and let me know if you search ebay domain listings or have ever bought or posted domains for sale on ebay. Thank you.

mulligan
6th February 2007, 08:05 PM
...... how many of you search domains on ebay on a regular basis?.....

Hardly ever.

Forget ebay, take the money you are spending there and buy a few IDNs
Also, dont expect to make money overnight, wont happen.
You will possibilily have to extend the timeline on your experiment, though time is running out for opportunitys to pick up decent IDNs for a smallish outlay there are still a few around.

xxbossmanxx
6th February 2007, 08:18 PM
Ebay is a horrible place for domains

Rubber Duck
6th February 2007, 08:47 PM
Just the wrong environment altogether from my perspective.

Drewbert
6th February 2007, 09:23 PM
only occassionally.

ebay doman auctions are full of wankers who like misrepresenting what domain they are auctioning.

And other wankers that charge a $20 shippiing fee for transfer costs, against ebay's rules.