PDA

View Full Version : Korean IDN extensions

burnsinternet
10th February 2007, 12:11 AM
Is anyone getting traffic to Korean IDNs? I have Korean IDNs in .com, net, org, info, and tv and seem to only get decent traffic to the dot coms. Can anyone venture a guess on the value of different extensions in Korea?

My .org, .info, and .tv have some incredible KR Ovt numbers (as high as 1 million) and some simply seem promising (한국어.tv - Korean.tv). However, they do not get the traffic that my lowly dot coms receive.

Drewbert
10th February 2007, 12:19 AM
IDN's are no different from ASCII in this respect.

The only domains that get significant type-in traffic are .com, and the ccTLD, in countries who have a strong ccTLD brand (not the USA).

burnsinternet
10th February 2007, 12:44 AM
Polish has been pretty good for dot info domains. I hear it is good in German, too. French dot org and info is not bad, either. Latin dot tv, net, and biz actually get traffic, sometimes, too. I don't have any .ws and my one .cc gets no traffic at all.

I hope the Asian market matures. My Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Thai, etc. are still lagging far behind Latin and Cyrillic.

seamo
10th February 2007, 12:50 AM
I hope the Asian market matures. My Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Thai, etc. are still lagging far behind Latin and Cyrillic.
It will, without a doubt.

Just a little longer than what we were all hoping for...

Picture your portfolio's traffic 5 years from now - that would have to bring a smile to your face :)

burnsinternet
10th February 2007, 12:55 AM
Latin and Cyrillic will keep the Asian names afloat, if trends continue. I have been buying and regging like a fiend during this 2007 drop season, so it will hopefully be clearer for me in 2008. Thank goodness I went after Russian IDNs when I did.

blastfromthepast
10th February 2007, 01:01 AM
Drew, Burns, are you getting traffic to latin .info? I haven't even parked mine. Is it worthwhile?

tee1
10th February 2007, 01:04 AM
I had a few(4) korean.infos get between 6 to 10 views, averaging 50% ctr. I assume that it is se traffic since all are indexed. 하와이.info made 2.19 last month it has almost paid for itself. however no views or clicks this month:confused:

tee1

burnsinternet
10th February 2007, 01:15 AM
Yes, definitely. Almost from the first day I get traffic. Polish and French, but mostly Polish. You know my major areas, so that is not a reflection of the hot areas, just mine that are doing well: Bridal/Weddings, Beauty, Technology, Adult, etc.

Some wide ranging examples:

piękne.info
pannamłoda.info
suknieślubne.info
młodziutkie.info
zdjęciaerotyczne.info

soirée.info
écranplasma.info
mémoire.info
européen.info
féminin.info

The rest of my Polish are too new to judge, but Polish is a hot IDN language. And my French ascii.info do better than IDN, but the IDNs are very new (two weeks ago regged).

blastfromthepast
10th February 2007, 01:20 AM
Sounds good. Thanks for the tip.

Drewbert
10th February 2007, 07:33 AM
I have a french word in IDN that scores 115 OVUS (without any extension on it) and it's had 17 visits this month.

A Korean SEO .info has had 7 visits and zero click.

All my othe info's have had 2 or less visits this month.

I would call that earth shattering traffic.

.biz is, of course, even worse. Only 4 names with 1 visit ech. The rest zero.

touchring
10th February 2007, 07:44 AM

I got a .biz, my only .biz, with 2 views and 2 clicks last mth, and 7 views, 2 clicks mth dec. It's a mistake, i forgot to purge it from dynadot during the grace period! Oh, i think i must set it to non-renewal. :)

And my French ascii.info do better than IDN, but the IDNs are very new (two weeks ago regged).

Do you have french ascii and idn .info of the same word? It would be interesting to compare the stats.

IDNCowboy
10th February 2007, 07:55 AM
I have a french word in IDN that scores 115 OVUS (without any extension on it) and it's had 17 visits this month.

A Korean SEO .info has had 7 visits and zero click.

All my othe info's have had 2 or less visits this month.

I would call that earth shattering traffic.

could the .info traffic be a spider?

burnsinternet
11th February 2007, 07:09 AM
Do you have french ascii and idn .info of the same word? It would be interesting to compare the stats.

No. The only ascii I have are words that really are ascii. You know how that goes. The ascii versions of words that should be IDN were taken long ago.

could the .info traffic be a spider?

You can tell the difference. Mine is non-North American (real) traffic.

IDNCowboy
11th February 2007, 07:32 AM
No. The only ascii I have are words that really are ascii. You know how that goes. The ascii versions of words that should be IDN were taken long ago.

You can tell the difference. Mine is non-North American (real) traffic.
google has datacenters in other countries too.
why does the bot have to come from a u.s. ip.

burnsinternet
11th February 2007, 07:40 AM
That's not what I meant. I meant that they are not bots and not NA speculators. NA traffic to IDNs is usually IDNer traffic.