PDA

View Full Version : "george w palace" opening in Iraq - embassy the size of 80 football fields

IDNCowboy
12th February 2007, 07:02 AM
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/iraq/article712424.ece

looks like the usa plans to stay in iraq for a while

They took prime property and are building a structure bigger than any of saddamn's palaces lol

xxbossmanxx
12th February 2007, 07:10 AM
At first I was getting mad when I read it but by the end of it, I guess a foot hold has to at least be established or something over there. Seems like all the fighting has done nothing at all.

Drewbert
12th February 2007, 06:30 PM
What's it's done is fucked up the balance of power in the region.

And if you're wondering where the "Axis of Evil" came from, Dubya didn't want to make it clear that he was going to go after Iraq, so he wanted to name some other "bad" countries as well in his speech. Condi came up with the list, and a speech writer decided on the term.

That, of course, (along with Bush's public announcement of his support for the non-radical political party in Iran) screwed their chances, and the radicals took power in Iran.

President Clusterfuck strikes again.

Rubber Duck
12th February 2007, 08:12 PM
This has to present a massive challenge to any radical group. I think I would regard this a Neo-Colonialism if it were built in the UK. To the Arabic psyche this is unlikely to ever be accepted. What were they thinking? In the modern world, how many of these people actually need to be there. It is madness. It would seem that the US has found it own Caligula.