PDA

View Full Version : Something's happening!

Wot
13th February 2007, 10:02 AM
The last week has seen a significant increase of traffic on a number of my Thai IDN's - looks like the gates are opening. :eek:

thegenius1
13th February 2007, 10:05 AM
The last week has seen a significant increase of traffic on a number of my Thai IDN's - looks like the gates are opening. :eek:

Great News , I have always thought people sleep on thai names , they seem as though they are going to be some of the best direct navigation names.

domainguru
13th February 2007, 10:06 AM

There has been no event that is likely to cause a big rise in thai type-in traffic. More than likely, the domains that are now getting more traffic are just doing well in search engines. Care to name a couple and I will see if I can locate them in google / yahoo?

Wot
13th February 2007, 10:29 AM
There has been no event that is likely to cause a big rise in thai type-in traffic. More than likely, the domains that are now getting more traffic are just doing well in search engines. Care to name a couple and I will see if I can locate them in google / yahoo?

Some of em:

ร้านขายดอกไม้.com

ดูทีวีออนไลน์.com

แผนที่กรุงเทพมหานคร.com

ผมร่วง.com

ธัญพืช.com

domainguru
13th February 2007, 10:37 AM
แผนที่กรุงเทพมหานคร.com - # 39 in google.com
ธัญพืช.com - # 13 in google.com
ร้านขายดอกไม้.com - # 17 in google.com
ผมร่วง.com - #7 in google.com
ดูทีวีออนไลน์.com - # 91 in google.com, also been in your sig recently :)

Sorry to rain our your parade but I have got "excited" numerous times in the past about thai type-in traffic appearing but have always (unfortunately) been able to trace it to search engine traffic. Nothing against SE traffic, just unless you develop a proper site, it tends to disappear as quickly as it arrived.

Type-in traffic to thai domains is so close to non-existent it might as well be. We own the top thai type-in term which probably gets 250K daily searches by thai users, and barely got 6 visits a month from type-ins.... that is the currently reality.

Wot
13th February 2007, 10:44 AM
Se la vie!

We were trying to get some translations with a view to developing a couple of sites but could not get any feedback from Thai aficionado's- know anybody. ;)

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/9126-need-help-thai-and-chinese.html

domainguru
13th February 2007, 10:47 AM
Se la vie!

We were trying to get some translations with a view to developing a couple of sites but could not get any feedback from Thai aficionado's- know anybody. ;)

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/9126-need-help-thai-and-chinese.html

I thought you lived in Chiangmai, Wot? If so, advertise on a local forum for uni students to do english 2 thai translations. Nothing is free in this world, but when it comes to uni students, normally quite cheap :)

mdw
13th February 2007, 03:19 PM
Wot I can help you out with Thai translations people, but not in Chiengrai or Chiengmai (BKK only)

Also I have noticed big increases in traffic to Thai domains as well, but not sure how much may be due to search engine rankings. Mostly domains [cityname] with 'hotel', like โรงแรมเกาะเสม็ด.com, โรงแรมนครราชสีมา.com, โรงแรมหาดใหญ่.com, etc. - plenty of clicks too but only averaging about $0.07/click. Other area is generic words like liquor สุรา.com, drink เบญจรงค์.com etc. they seem to be getting more action as well.

domainguru
13th February 2007, 04:19 PM
Wot I can help you out with Thai translations people, but not in Chiengrai or Chiengmai (BKK only)

Also I have noticed big increases in traffic to Thai domains as well, but not sure how much may be due to search engine rankings. Mostly domains [cityname] with 'hotel', like โรงแรมเกาะเสม็ด.com, โรงแรมนครราชสีมา.com, โรงแรมหาดใหญ่.com, etc. - plenty of clicks too but only averaging about $0.07/click. Other area is generic words like liquor สุรา.com, drink เบญจรงค์.com etc. they seem to be getting more action as well.

สุรา - #34 in google.com
โรงแรมหาดใหญ่.com - #7 (of 92 results) in google.com
โรงแรมเกาะเสม็ด - #1 (of 2 results) in google.com

To repeat (ad nauseum), thai traffic comes from search engines, not type-in traffic. Thai type-in traffic does not exist to any statistically signicificant extent. Should I repeat that or has everyone got the message yet?

btw, not sure how your translation people being in bkk would stop you doing translations for someone in chiangmai? email is quite good these days.