PDA

View Full Version : Sedo claiming fake traffic on these fake latin IDNS

IDNCowboy
14th February 2007, 04:39 AM
Fìx.com
http://www.sedo.com/search/details.php4?domain=f%ECx.com&tracked=&partnerid=&language=us

230 uniques/month yea okkkk

looks like this guy is pumping fake traffic to the domain. It was just registered February 3rd!

thegenius1
14th February 2007, 04:42 AM
Fìx.com
http://www.sedo.com/search/details.php4?domain=f%ECx.com&tracked=&partnerid=&language=us

looks like this guy is pumping fake traffic to the domain. It was just registered February 3rd!

Fugazzi for real

jose
14th February 2007, 04:44 AM
I have noticed that also. No way it would get that traffic ever.

Such obvious fake results exposes SEDO fake traffic detection vulnerabilities wide and clearly to everyone.

Someone should Digg this, lol.

IDNCowboy
14th February 2007, 04:50 AM
I have noticed that also. No way it would get that traffic ever.

Such obvious fake results exposes SEDO fake traffic detection vulnerabilities wide and clearly to everyone.

Someone should Digg this, lol.
They are asking for a lawsuit

jacksonm
14th February 2007, 07:54 AM
Fìx.com

I have a "fake latin" domain there (using a ü instead of a u) which was regged exactly one month ago, and it has had 14 views so far, but no clicks. I am quite surprised that it gets traffic at all, since it's not linked from anywhere and only runs a parking page. None of my normal domains there have gotten traffic...

--
jacksonm

domainguru
14th February 2007, 07:59 AM
I have a "fake latin" domain there (using a ü instead of a u) which was regged exactly one month ago, and it has had 14 views so far, but no clicks. I am quite surprised that it gets traffic at all, since it's not linked from anywhere and only runs a parking page. None of my normal domains there have gotten traffic...

--
jacksonm

Perhaps the traffic has something to do with you asking appraisals for it - ever thought of that?

jacksonm
14th February 2007, 08:04 AM
The one in question is not blüe.com. I haven't asked for appraisal about the one which I am discussing.

Strangely enough, blüe.com only has 3 uniques and it was publicized in this forum :-)

--
jacksonm

touchring
14th February 2007, 08:06 AM
fìx.com xn--fx-kja phishing generic latin 10-02-2007 46,001 sedo 13-02-2007

Source: idntools.net

WTF?? $46,001!

jacksonm
14th February 2007, 09:04 AM
I don't think it actually sold. If you search sedo, you will see that it's still on sale. The buyer probably backed out when they noticed it was an IDN.

I found the same thing with several of the reported IDN sales on idntools; most of them are still for sale on sedo.

--
jacksonm

Rubber Duck
14th February 2007, 11:02 AM
None of the dodgy ones ever seem to hit DNJ. The sales must either fall through or Sedo just sanitise the published list.

Wot
14th February 2007, 11:17 AM
Today's contender!

wìne.com | Bidding History

Winning Bid: 31,001 EUR (Reserve met!)

Winning Bidder: Bidder 13

sarcle
14th February 2007, 11:30 AM
Well it probably has gotten that many visitors. This Fix auction has been on all the forums. So I don't doubt many people have went to check it out. Which leads the buyer to believe even more he's buying the real thing.

touchring
14th February 2007, 11:57 AM
Today's contender!

wìne.com | Bidding History

Winning Bid: 31,001 EUR (Reserve met!)

Winning Bidder: Bidder 13

Well, you know something? This only proves that a lot of people, possibly even some ASCII domainers, do not know the existence of IDNs.