PDA

View Full Version : 昆山.com Kunshan (Chinese County-level City) $2,374 snapnames

touchring
14th February 2007, 07:53 AM
昆山.com Kunshan (Chinese County-level City) $2,374 snapnames

This must be a record price for a chinese geographic, dollar for quality.

RD must be a happy guy now. :)

seamo
14th February 2007, 08:00 AM
Let's hope this recognition of value flows through to other Asian city domains in the near future...

blastfromthepast
14th February 2007, 08:05 AM
Not surprising. Considering even .ws geographics have good value.

seamo
14th February 2007, 08:14 AM
;)

bwhhisc
14th February 2007, 09:15 AM
昆山.com Kunshan (Chinese County-level City) $2,374 snapnames. This must be a record price for a chinese geographic, dollar for quality. RD must be a happy guy now. :)

Population for Kunshan is about 700,000 so not a huge city by China's proportions.
It is really good news to get a Chinese city on the Snapnames map.

markits
14th February 2007, 10:26 AM
As I have said before, seamo and bill's network will soon be worth million...(thinking whether or not to put the S at the end of Million).

Most city dot jps are reserved by the jp registry for government use. The only available exts for commercial purposes that suit Japanese' tastes are com and net.

It seems that Chinese wakes up to domains earlier than the Japanese, but when Japan wakes up, it will make many IDNFers millionaires.

sarcle
14th February 2007, 11:44 AM
As I have said before, seamo and bill's network will soon be worth million...(thinking whether or not to put the S at the end of Million).

Most city dot jps are reserved by the jp registry for government use. The only available exts for commercial purposes that suit Japanese' tastes are com and net.

It seems that Chinese wakes up to domains earlier than the Japanese, but when Japan wakes up, it will make many IDNFers millionaires.

Makes me wish I wouldn't have been so narrow minded in my regging in the early days. I just went for good ole generics and left the cities to themselves. DAMN IT. But I'll take all the good sales figures our IDNs can get. Good news for all.

Explorer
14th February 2007, 01:08 PM
Makes me wish I wouldn't have been so narrow minded in my regging in the early days. I just went for good ole generics and left the cities to themselves. DAMN IT. But I'll take all the good sales figures our IDNs can get. Good news for all.

Those generics you got might be a bit easier to monetize than geo-domains, no?

sarcle
14th February 2007, 01:20 PM

Yeah, getting them in the search engines and making money on ppc is no problem. They work very well and they are paying off.

It's just I'd like to make a sale here and there for development purposes and in the last two weeks I've had two buyers back out without any explanation. Seems the cities are selling. Or maybe I just need some deodorant. :o

touchring
15th February 2007, 09:43 AM
Population for Kunshan is about 700,000 so not a huge city by China's proportions.
It is really good news to get a Chinese city on the Snapnames map.

Small city, but a big one for a county. :)

yanni
15th February 2007, 05:44 PM
It's just I'd like to make a sale here and there for development purposes and in the last two weeks I've had two buyers back out without any explanation. Seems the cities are selling. Or maybe I just need some deodorant. :o

Just don't sell yourself short, man.

I, too bypassed geo domains for pure generics in the past. I have more faith in these because they tend to go beyond geo-targeting. And, with the proper subdomain you can have that as well :)

sarcle
15th February 2007, 05:47 PM
Just don't sell yourself short, man.

I, too bypassed geo domains for pure generics in the past. I have more faith in these because they tend to go beyond geo-targeting. And, with the proper subdomain you can have that as well :)

Thanks for a moment there I thought I missed the parade. But you are correct. subdomains can do wonders.

Rubber Duck
15th February 2007, 05:53 PM
Looks like Johnny picked this one up reading between the lines.

sarcle
15th February 2007, 05:54 PM
Looks like Johnny picked this one up reading between the lines.

I'm not even going to go there. :eek:

Drewbert
15th February 2007, 06:06 PM
>Just don't sell yourself short, man.

But still experiment with the deodorant theory.

sarcle
15th February 2007, 06:09 PM
>Just don't sell yourself short, man.

But still experiment with the deodorant theory.

Yeah, I got hooked on Axe. I know I'm a consumer afterall. Maybe I'm over doing it? Hm... Life is just so damn complicated.

touchring
16th February 2007, 12:43 AM
Yeah, I got hooked on Axe. I know I'm a consumer afterall. Maybe I'm over doing it? Hm... Life is just so damn complicated.

Or maybe it's the avatar? No amount of deodorant can help for that! :o

yanni
16th February 2007, 01:49 AM
Yea, the avatar.
I had a thing for the faceless businessman one.

sarcle
16th February 2007, 01:53 AM
Yea, the avatar.
I had a thing for the faceless businessman one.

It's Van Gogh guys. And Drewbert says I need to get out more. Get some culture. Oh, and when you go to Amsterdam to see the museum.... Crap I forgot what I was going to say. :confused:

thegenius1
16th February 2007, 02:05 AM

I have read that GEO's are the best fruit of the domaining game , And that is fairly easy to develope them. You can put pretty much put a unlimited amount of things on a City if you are the Mayor.

yanni
16th February 2007, 02:33 AM
It's Van Gogh guys. And Drewbert says I need to get out more. Get some culture. Oh, and when you go to Amsterdam to see the museum.... Crap I forgot what I was going to say. :confused:

Van Gogh?

I never got past Dali myself.

As for Amsterdam http://bust3d.com/rasta.gif

sarcle
16th February 2007, 02:36 AM
As for Amsterdam http://bust3d.com/rasta.gif

Yeah, too many nights in the "Grasshopper" drinking beer of course. :p

yanni
16th February 2007, 02:39 AM
"The Last Waterhole" for me. But it was years ago :)

Drewbert
16th February 2007, 06:25 AM
It's Van Gogh guys. And Drewbert says I need to get out more. Get some culture. Oh, and when you go to Amsterdam to see the museum....

Been there, done that.

Rubber Duck
16th February 2007, 09:24 AM
Been there, done that.

Lets face it, who ever went around art galleries except with some hot chick?

sarcle
16th February 2007, 04:08 PM
except with some hot chick?

Want me to list the countries and nationalities. :eek: At one point I thought about writing a book, never got around to it.