PDA

View Full Version : Avail. IDN domains.

sarcle
23rd October 2005, 04:17 AM
I thought I would start a list of available IDN's,  Mainly to help each other in our pursuit of this sector of domains.

Looking up domains is really a lot of work.  We can help each other cut out some time and list domains that didn't suit our fancy or web niche that we are working on.

I am not asking for any compensation, just help on this work in progress.  Instead of by passing or forgetting about domains that you have already looked up.  Save them to notepad and post them here. 

First list.  These are the ones I had no use for.

Note: Punycode, Domain meaning, Ovt Score.

xn--vbrwss59a.com (刑務所.com):jail
164650  国勢 調査 xn--uhr78g54sez6a.com (国勢調査.com):census
xn--uckk3a1e7eh5c.com (ゴルフレッスン.com):golf lesson:20,000
xn--n8j5223a.net (高い.net):high 400
xn--3kqvg.cn (仕事.cn):work 80.000
xn--pckta4i.com (マスク.com):mask 15.000
xn--9ck2a5dua8e.net (ヨーロッパ.net):Europe 15.000
xn--tlqr9jfv6d0ga.com (交通違反.com):traffic violation 15.000
xn--zbso71k.com (回転.com):revolution/turn 2.000
xn--spr50et6f1q8d.com (回転寿司.com):rotary sushi 30.000
xn--sprr0q.cn (寿司.cn):sushi 32.000
xn--rls1vl0jutf.com (抜天市場.com):market 90.000
xn--7fr347juvf.net (補助金.net):grant 9.000
xn--mxtq1m.net (政府.net):government 9.000
xn--ccket6jxgdi4j.com (ローカルアイドル.com):25,000 local idling?
xn--hwtx4n.net (新年.net):new year. 165?
xn--mckya8lmc.com (ガレージ.com):garage 20.796
xn--cckua0b3b4frfue.com (アップガレージ.com):rise garage 50.000
xn--3ls.net (塀.net):fence 4.700
xn--ylv84t.com (暖炉.com):fireplace 7.500
xn--rlss7u.net (場所.net): Braille Place 15.000
xn--gcko9datl.net (ウッドデッキ.net):wood deck 40.000
xn--n8j883kk14a56c.com (赤い部屋.com):red room 80.000
xn--psso2y7wo.net (大相撲.net):great sumo wrestling 154.000
xn--6k3ax3bzxm.com (電車賃.com):trainfare 8.000
xn--vcki1fxh797nnv6c72c4ww.net 自動翻訳サービス.net automatic translation service 150.000
xn--bckg9lpdz53qsbya.com (探偵ファイル.com):detective file. 650.000
ゲリラ.tv xn--sckzfc.tv 1750 w/ext.
xn--hdsp4h.com (学園.com):picture xn--o1qu10g.com (画像.com):xn--g7qs82g.com (写真.com):
xn--pckzgob.com (ワーク.com):work 10,000
xn--eckteta.net (バイブ.net):38.000
xn--mdktb.com (ハメ.com):9.000
xn--9b0a88e.com (細胞.com):cellular 6.000
xn--zfvo28ephb.net (旅行記.net):travel 40.000

sarcle
24th October 2005, 02:25 AM
Got some more for you.

xn--80aaagkn7caikt.com (автопродажа.com):autosale 860
xn--fpym1oq2j.net (番組表.net):117.000
xn--32vs4ad71b.com (森精機.com):12.000 forest seiki
xn--49j.com (へ.com):2,000
xn--510a.net (肺.net):lung 13.000
xn--wxt341i.cn (速度.cn):speed 32.000
xn--ecknx2x.net (コカイン.net):drug 3.300
xn--tcki0jva4b8f.net (コマーシャル.net):commercial 9.000
xn--reuz1j.net (惑星.net):planet 14281
xn--9ckp1b2e.com (ニップル.com):nipple

Olney
24th October 2005, 03:50 AM
Actually a few of these fall into the Real Good & Looks available but can't be registered. I think 写真 has one that I tried more than just several times to register.

sarcle
24th October 2005, 04:44 AM
Ah...that sucks. Sorry to waste your time. I have noticed that also with more than a few other good ones that just can't be registered. What is the deal with that?

Dillpupp
24th October 2005, 06:48 AM
Ah...that sucks.   Sorry to waste your time.  I have noticed that also with more than a few other good ones that just can't be registered.  What is the deal with that?

Hi everyone.I talked to a guy briefly from Verisign who told me when a name can't be registered it's due to "character blocking".There's alot of info on it on the Verisign site,but the gist of it is if a very similar character is already registered in Chinese than the Japanese version will not register and is "blocked".Vice versa too.Many top names are unavailable because of this unfortunately.

Rubber Duck
24th October 2005, 08:00 AM
Ah...that sucks. Sorry to waste your time. I have noticed that also with more than a few other good ones that just can't be registered. What is the deal with that?

Hi everyone.I talked to a guy briefly from Verisign who told me when a name can't be registered it's due to "character blocking".There's alot of info on it on the Verisign site,but the gist of it is if a very similar character is already registered in Chinese than the Japanese version will not register and is "blocked".Vice versa too.Many top names are unavailable because of this unfortunately.

Hi, Diillup welcome to the forum. It nice to see knowledgable Newbies!

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

sarcle
24th October 2005, 04:12 PM
Hey Dwrixon. Didn't Radistar give you a hard time about this very topic on dnforum? Didn't he say it would be wrought with fraud? And that you can mismatch characters and stuff like that? Well pretty much looks like you can't if they won't even allow the right characters to be registered because they are so similar.

Just merely and ovbservation. Correct me if I am wrong.

Sarcle.

Rubber Duck
24th October 2005, 04:39 PM
Fraud can never be eliminated. However, most phishing that has occurred has been done without the use of IDN domains.

ICANN is working very hard with the registries to ensure that this cannot happen. There are huge limitations now being place on mixed scripts and I suspect many of those in existence will be cancelled, with of course the option to register another domain free of charge.

There is a special group, I think it is called JET that looks after such issues in the Far East, but most of their meetings are probably not in English. The Chinese and the Japanese insisted from very early on that there could be no duplication in terms of Simplified and Traditional, characters, although I have dot coms in both. Will probably drop the traditional variants, as I will maintain rights anyway.

Radstar frankly hasn't a clue what he is talking about when it comes to IDN. Shame really as with his knowledge of Greek he should have been able to make a few bob. Greek is one of the few western languages that uses a distinct script so IDN will be big there eventually whether Seeker or Radstar think so or not!

It seems that their main focus is conning clients into paying dearly for dot infos. Quite a profitable scam no doubt!

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

sarcle
24th October 2005, 04:52 PM
Yes.  I was just saying that I think there was an "i told you so" waiting for him.

You are right.  It really comes down to three reasons why major players in the domain world are seemly not interested in idn's.

1.  Lack of the ability or want to forsee maket trends.  I would think that if you are in the top tier of this virtual world you would stay a step of everyone else.

2.  Inability to use the jp overture tool and a translator.  I really think a large majority of domainers fall into this category.  I think most are just plain scared to death of foriegn domains because the don't speak the language, when it's really simple get a translator, translate the world put it into the overture and if it has numbers it is the correct word, then do a search to see results, if still happy purchase.

2.  Selfishness.  If it isn't the first one or second it has to be this one.  They are secretly aquiring top keywords, and waiting for idn's to hit.

I personally would like to be the first.  Because it just makes it that much less competition for us.

gammascalper
24th October 2005, 07:24 PM
Sarcle: My guess is that it's a little bit of #1 and a little bit of #3.

I think we're already at the point where the truly stellar IDNs in .com and ccTLD have been taken.

Great compound names are still available of course, but even those are disappearing quickly. Anecdotally with regard to chinese IDNs, I've noticed that availability has gotten much tighter in the course of just a couple of months (since Dave opened my eyes - thanks!).

What we really need are legitimate end-users creating useful sites with IDNs. That creates the conditioning needed for type-ins.

OT: gonna be in HK in mid/late November. If anyone's going to be going through we can grab a beer (or three) and perhaps talk about a TRAFFIC Asia or something :P

sarcle
24th October 2005, 08:53 PM
What we really need are legitimate end-users creating useful sites with IDNs. That creates the conditioning needed for type-ins.

Once native speakers can type-in their character's on a mass scale in the url and idn's finally get the traffic, the end-user's will come running. Just watch.

Rubber Duck
24th October 2005, 10:26 PM
I think we're already at the point where the truly stellar IDNs in .com and ccTLD have been taken.

Great compound names are still available of course, but even those are disappearing quickly. Anecdotally with regard to chinese IDNs, I've noticed that availability has gotten much tighter in the course of just a couple of months

I think with the Far Eastern Languages most of the really exception names went as the first Verisign Test Bed was opened about 5 years ago. There was a much greater awareness in the Far East as much of the development was being driven from there.

Don't kick yourself too much for missing the original rush. There would have been no online translation and even getting hold of the necessary fonts to create the words probably wasn't that straight forward. I think most of the orginal registrations went to local language speakers from the Domain Name System development community. Speculator's but not as we know them!

When I got into this about 20 months ago now, there had been a long quite spell and lot of the original registrations had dropped. There was much more available then than now, but even as little as a year ago there was little more than Google Scores to go on. It is comparatively recent that I have discovered that Overture accepted non-ASCII Characters. And I wasn't aware of the Japanese Tool until a couple of months ago.

Other important languages such as Arabic and Hindi still lag way behind. When I first started out Arabic hadn't really been indexed by Google and Hindi was a complete blank. This was largely due to the fact the these languages hadn't been standardised into Unicode. Even in Chinese many of the website were still using Bit Map Characters rather than Unicode Script.

Undetered we got stuck into Arabic and Hindi. Arabic is a nightmare of a language, but I had studied it a little so understood some of the structure. We manage to get some really good domains, but bought a lot of rubbish. Similar story with Hindi. This year we actually renewed most of the rubbish because it was too early to separate the wheat from the Chaff. With Hindi that is still the case.

I have had long debates with many on DNForums about language use in India. Don't let anyone convince you the main language of e-commerce in India will be English. It won't. It will be Hindi followed Tamil, Bengali and Gujarrati.

To get the best names you need to be in early. We have most of the single alphabetic characters in both Arabic and Hindi. In Arabic we have good place names. I picked up "Bagdad.com" as a drop only about a week ago. I still have an interest in one or two domains that may or may not drop, but my main task with both of these is to get rid of the rubbish.

We have some potentially remarkable names in Hindi.

बात.com xn--h2bp8c.com Business
काम.com xn--11b4c4b.com Business
क्षेत्र.com xn--11b4axb0a4f8ad.com Domain

If you want to decipher these then us then use this dictionary

http://www.shabdkosh.com/cpnt/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/

The signifance of these domains is confirmed by high Google Scores, which for Hindi is still anything over a 100K, mind you a few months ago, it was anything of 10K.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

sarcle
26th October 2005, 04:26 PM
xn--icko3a7qvc.net (エスクロー.net):Escrow.  Great one.
xn--zck4a3c.net (ホスト.net): Host. Another great internet domain.