PDA

View Full Version : Looks like you can reg IDNs at godaddy now

IDNCowboy
15th February 2007, 04:49 AM
fıx.com for sale on ebay was regged at godaddy :P

jose
15th February 2007, 05:38 AM
I see idotz.net but Godaddy replies to punnycodes...

burnsinternet
15th February 2007, 07:13 AM
Yes, but does it allow a language tag? In the early days, I tried to reg some xn dash dash domains at other registrars. They went through but were rejected later without a language tag. If things have changed, then any registrar could reg IDN.

markits
15th February 2007, 10:33 AM
It is possible that a else where regged domain transfered to GD.

Rubber Duck
15th February 2007, 11:10 AM
Not if it was only created 5 days ago it isn't!

IDNCowboy
15th February 2007, 03:05 PM
It is possible that a else where regged domain transfered to GD.
nope can't transfer to godaddy til 60 days after its regged

thegenius1
15th February 2007, 06:24 PM
Interesting !

sarcle
15th February 2007, 06:25 PM
My question to this whole thing is: Why would you want to?

Rubber Duck
15th February 2007, 06:28 PM
My question to this whole thing is: Why would you want to?

If you actually check out Godaddy, which for me is a no go area anyway, if you can find evidence of IDN support then you're a better man than I am. Maybe you can get them to register there, but you cannot search for registrations on the Unicode. I wouldn't touch Godaddy with a long pole!

sarcle
15th February 2007, 06:32 PM
I wouldn't touch Godaddy with a long pole!

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. Godaddy is a harbor for noobs and scammers. I fell into the GD trap early on and I almost have all of my domains out of there. But there is no current Unicode support at the moment. If it was done it was done with punycode.

But again even if they did offer unicode support why register there when there are so many better registries and much better pricing.

Rubber Duck
15th February 2007, 06:36 PM
But again even if they did offer unicode support why register there when there are so many better registries and much better pricing.

Well I suppose if I ever wanted to say that I had conquered all my demons, I would have to do it just the once for the hell of it. It would be like that reality TV show Fear Factor.

thegenius1
15th February 2007, 07:05 PM
Well I suppose if I ever wanted to say that I had conquered all my demons, I would have to do it just the once for the hell of it. It would be like that reality TV show Fear Factor.

ROLMAO