PDA

View Full Version : Moniker Bring $1,000,000 Names to Auction

bwhhisc
16th February 2007, 09:58 AM
Moniker Brings Multi-Million Dollar Domain Name Auction Back to Las Vegas at T.R.A.F.F.I.C West
-- Top Names like Text.com and Smoking.com Available to Highest Bidders --

http://sev.prnewswire.com/internet-technology/20070215/CLTH12515022007-1.html

No mention of IDN in the article.

credit- article source at DNF

sarcle
16th February 2007, 04:13 PM
Moniker Brings Multi-Million Dollar Domain Name Auction Back to Las Vegas at T.R.A.F.F.I.C West
-- Top Names like Text.com and Smoking.com Available to Highest Bidders --

http://sev.prnewswire.com/internet-technology/20070215/CLTH12515022007-1.html

No mention of IDN in the article.

credit- article source at DNF

Yeah, but yesterday they reneged on their .mobi. And you know they are going to be there. Seems they just want .com in the news. I still haven't heard anything from Don. Anyone else?

Rubber Duck
16th February 2007, 05:06 PM
Yeah, but yesterday they reneged on their .mobi. And you know they are going to be there. Seems they just want .com in the news. I still haven't heard anything from Don. Anyone else?

I think Dot Mobi Registry pulled them. They are running scared.

IDNCowboy
16th February 2007, 05:09 PM
they also pulled them from pool auctions

sarcle
16th February 2007, 05:09 PM

I don't know about that. The .mobi registry seem to be greedy bastards I would think they would want all the publicity they can get. Guess we'll see when the list is released sometime this year.

IDNCowboy
16th February 2007, 05:12 PM
I don't know about that. The .mobi registry seem to be greedy bastards I would think they would want all the publicity they can get. Guess we'll see when the list is released sometime this year.
greedy bastards with a 27 page reserved list so that they can sell them at traffic auctions for xxx,xxx each

hell everyone should start a registry - screw the customers on premium names and sell all the premiums at traffic. looks like they make a ton selling a traffic. If there are a few conferences a year they can cover their whole icann application fee.

Rubber Duck
16th February 2007, 05:17 PM
The problem is the extension got pumped but the prices are crashing faster than you can dump them.

They also pulled out of a Sedo auction. Indeed they tried to pretend Sedo had made it all up.

The bottom line is there was a high profile nose dive at the Adult Auction. Another one would have killed this extension stone dead. So they have rushed their Great White Hope into resussitation, in the hope they can get him on the canvas for the Second Round.

sarcle
16th February 2007, 05:19 PM
The problem is the extension got pumped but the prices are crashing faster than you can dump them.

They also pulled out of a Sedo auction. Indeed they tried to pretend Sedo had made it all up.

The bottom line is there was a high profile nose dive at the Adult Auction. Another one would have killed this extension stone dead. So they have rushed their Great White Hope into resussitation, in the hope they can get him on the canvas for the Second Round.

Which is exactly why they need 'ole Ricky to make another high profile buy.

Rubber Duck
16th February 2007, 05:21 PM
Which is exactly why they need 'ole Ricky to make another high profile buy.

Yes, well I imagine all that was discussed.