PDA

View Full Version : $1 Domains at Dotster.

sarcle
13th February 2006, 08:54 PM
On Tuesday, the 14th between 4pm est until 5pm est Dotster.com is giving away $1 domains (limit 1 per order, but you can make unlimited orders). Any COM/NET/ORG domain can be registered.

It has the count down right on the site. My advice have a few windows open at a time and have your list ready.

http://dotster.com/

thegenius1
13th February 2006, 09:10 PM
On Tuesday, the 14th between 4pm est until 5pm est Dotster.com is giving away $1 domains (limit 1 per order, but you can make unlimited orders). Any COM/NET/ORG domain can be registered.

It has the count down right on the site. My advice have a few windows open at a time and have your list ready.

OMG they do idn's correct ?

sarcle
13th February 2006, 09:13 PM
OMG they do idn's correct ?

Yes, that is correct. Although I haven't used them in the past. But I will give myself a few run throughs this evening to make sure I can maximize the number of purchases I can get.

gammascalper
13th February 2006, 09:14 PM
Yep -- don't hog their servers!

thegenius1
13th February 2006, 09:18 PM
Yes, that is correct. Although I haven't used them in the past. But I will give myself a few run throughs this evening to make sure I can maximize the number of purchases I can get.

Im assuming you just have to import the punny code, because importing the Characters is showing numbers, if you can explain or give updates on what you found that would be awesome

IDNCowboy
13th February 2006, 11:12 PM
Im assuming you just have to import the punny code, because importing the Characters is showing numbers, if you can explain or give updates on what you found that would be awesome
lookin forward to it!

Giant
13th February 2006, 11:19 PM

Hi sarcle. Is this for new customers only or for all customers? I just saw the count down but couldn't find anything to read.

sarcle
13th February 2006, 11:30 PM
Hi sarcle. Is this for new customers only or for all customers? I just saw the count down but couldn't find anything to read.

Not for sure. I have been asking questions and they aren't getting answered.

This is where I found it.

http://www.namepros.com/domain-name-discussion/167245-dotster-1-domains-happy-hour.html

Giant
13th February 2006, 11:42 PM
Not for sure. I have been asking questions and they aren't getting answered.

This is where I found it.

http://www.namepros.com/domain-name-discussion/167245-dotster-1-domains-happy-hour.html

Thanks. Well, just have to try and see how it works tomorrow. I use Doster but never heard of Happy Hour.

alex
14th February 2006, 05:50 AM
I've had some of my oldest non-IDN domains with Dotster for years. Their regular prices are higher than the average budget registrar, but I've had good experiences with their service.

It's a no-brainer to try to get in on this deal, but we'll see if their servers can handle it. I've seen postings of this sale all over the place: deal sites, hosting sites, domain sites.

I think the details are intentionally vague, but some have speculated that you may only be able to get one domain at this price. Or possibly more than that, if you place separate orders.

thegenius1
14th February 2006, 06:46 AM
How will it work if you run into names that cant be Regd, How long wil it take to post back to your card, Do they have a Deposit credit system like Domainsite, i have found that very effective because you dont loose the money in the mist of the Non Reg

alex
14th February 2006, 06:57 AM
How will it work if you run into names that cant be Regd, How long wil it take to post back to your card, Do they have a Deposit credit system like Domainsite...

Very good question. Since I haven't tried to register any IDNs there, I'd like to know the answer myself.

IDNCowboy
14th February 2006, 07:45 AM
Is this deal good for "transfers" too?

like transfer my entire domainsite portfolio lol

Giant
14th February 2006, 03:28 PM
Very good question. Since I haven't tried to register any IDNs there, I'd like to know the answer myself.

Yes, they have a Deposit credit system too, but you have to call in to deposit.

When you use your credit card to register domains, first the system reserves the funds and then reg. If the reg fails, the reserved credit will be put back to your card in about 7 days.

alex
14th February 2006, 04:37 PM
When you use your credit card to register domains, first the system reserves the funds and then reg. If the reg fails, the reserved credit will be put back to your card in about 7 days.

Thanks, that's good to know.

Unfortunately, I have seen more speculation that this deal is only ONE domain per customer.

thegenius1
14th February 2006, 05:02 PM
Thanks, that's good to know.

Unfortunately, I have seen more speculation that this deal is only ONE domain per customer.

So whats the Deal is it 1 or 1 per order, Sarcle can you help us out with some clarification<, i stayed up for over 30 hours for this :confused:

sarcle
14th February 2006, 05:15 PM
So whats the Deal is it 1 or 1 per order, Sarcle can you help us out with some clarification<, i stayed up for over 30 hours for this :confused:

Apparently it is only one per order, but you can have several orders according to the other threads. As far as staying up 30 hours the countdown in on their site and has 3 hours to go yet.

passengerpigeon
14th February 2006, 07:45 PM
for me, the dotster happy-hour countdown says there is still 20hrs to go, when it should say 15 minutes to go... does anyone else see that?

sarcle
14th February 2006, 07:49 PM
for me, the dotster happy-hour countdown says there is still 20hrs to go, when it should say 15 minutes to go... does anyone else see that?

nope, it says 10 minutes.

Clotho
14th February 2006, 07:53 PM
On your marks! (8 mins here)

IDNCowboy
14th February 2006, 08:01 PM
On your marks! (8 mins here)
It's timing out now.... good luck getting domains ;(

sarcle
14th February 2006, 08:04 PM
It's timing out now.... good luck getting domains ;(

Yes, very disappointing. If it comes back up soon, someone let us know.

Clotho
14th February 2006, 08:05 PM
Aye, So much for Dotster. Looks like this is one promo that will backfire. It's not even their fault if their servers get overrun but it still doesn't make a good impression.

thefabfive
14th February 2006, 08:05 PM
I am at checkout but the price still shows as $14.95. Is there a coupon code I'm supposed to use? This is very disappointing indeed. And bad for business.

thegenius1
14th February 2006, 08:06 PM
This is b.s they should have prepared for this, we will all end up with 2 domains if any as slow as its moving

IDNCowboy
14th February 2006, 08:09 PM
This is b.s they should have prepared for this, we will all end up with 2 domains if any as slow as its moving
Limit one $1 domain per order (5 per IP Address). Valid for new
registration of .com, .net & .org domains only. Promotion ends at 2:00
PM, PST, or after 1000 domains are sold at this price.

1000 domains?? That will take like 10 minutes

thefabfive
14th February 2006, 08:13 PM
Well, I'll have to add Dotster to my list of registrars never to do business with. Shameless.

alex
14th February 2006, 08:13 PM
Use Coupon Code: happyhour1

Saw that on another forum. I don't know if it's legit or not.

thefabfive
14th February 2006, 08:15 PM
Thanks alex. I'll let everyone know if it works. If I ever get to checkout.

thegenius1
14th February 2006, 08:15 PM
Limit one $1 domain per order (5 per IP Address). Valid for new
registration of .com, .net & .org domains only. Promotion ends at 2:00
PM, PST, or after 1000 domains are sold at this price.

1000 domains?? That will take like 10 minutes

This is the Worst thing Ever, Im beyond Pissed, Been really looking forward to this, Down with Dotster Down with Doster :mad:

thefabfive
14th February 2006, 08:22 PM
Well, I think I may have completed my first order. If they stick me with the full price because 1000 names have already been registered I will explode. Light the torches.

alex
14th February 2006, 08:24 PM
I think I just got one too. That is the correct code.

IDNCowboy
14th February 2006, 08:35 PM
I think I just got one too. That is the correct code.
didn't get a single name oh well :(

alex
14th February 2006, 08:51 PM
I got my second confirmation email while the order processing page was still loading...and it's still loading now.

Actually, it timed out while processing the order and now their site seems completely dead.

Hopefully, the email confirmation means the order went through before it died.

IDNCowboy
15th February 2006, 02:17 AM
I got my second confirmation email while the order processing page was still loading...and it's still loading now.

Actually, it timed out while processing the order and now their site seems completely dead.

Hopefully, the email confirmation means the order went through before it died.
ended up getting 3 names with 5 minutes left lol...