PDA

View Full Version : need an opinion re: tm

rhys
13th February 2006, 10:12 PM
Greed got the better of me. I couldn't resist temptation so today I snagged
国税庁.com ovt is 475498, bid is 35 yen.

How do you guys weigh in on this, can and will the government come after me for taking this domain?
:confused:

thefabfive
13th February 2006, 10:26 PM
I'll give a comparison but I really have no idea how the Japanese government would view this.

irs.com and internalrevenueservice.com are both not run by the US government. Each website clearly states that they are not affiliated wth the IRS or the US government. They even have a link to the 'real' IRS website (that may have been necessary to appease the government). So if it was the US, you would probably be okay. Since the .com is run by the US you may be okay.

Hopefully some members well versed in past domain name conflicts in Japan can have more relevent examples.

BTW - at $6.99 it's a good risk to take.

Good luck.

rhys
14th February 2006, 06:30 AM
BTW - at $6.99 it's a good risk to take.

Thanks Fab. That's how I viewed it as well.

rhys
27th February 2006, 08:44 AM
Ok, it has been about 2 weeks since I regged 国税庁.com "Tax office" (like IRS in US) and I am floored at how much traffic there is. 74 hits to date. Anyone else seeing those kind of numbers on their japanese domains.

That is, a run rate of about 150 per month.

Rubber Duck
27th February 2006, 08:59 AM
Ok, it has been about 2 weeks since I regged 国税庁.com "Tax office" (like IRS in US) and I am floored at how much traffic there is. 74 hits to date. Anyone else seeing those kind of numbers on their japanese domains.

That is, a run rate of about 150 per month.

I wouldn't worry about it.

If they really want the domain they could probably eventually take, but if you don't put up a fight , then they can't send you a bill.

In the meantime, you should be able to get a nice little return on it.

touchring
27th February 2006, 09:17 AM
Interesting, what's the click thru earnings like?