PDA

View Full Version : Earth to Domainsite....

Drewbert
20th February 2007, 09:04 AM
Two questions.

1. Why are you sending me renewal reminders for domain names that I transfered away from domainsite months ago?

2. Why are three of my domains showing 00-00-0000 for expiry date, and are locked at domainsite and when I try to edit them, you won't let me because they have "expired" - which they haven't.

Registrars that can't keep a database correct are a big worry because by definition, THAT'S YOUR MAIN JOB.

FIX IT, and let me know when you have.

rhys
20th February 2007, 03:55 PM
Two questions.

1. Why are you sending me renewal reminders for domain names that I transfered away from domainsite months ago?

2. Why are three of my domains showing 00-00-0000 for expiry date, and are locked at domainsite and when I try to edit them, you won't let me because they have "expired" - which they haven't.

Registrars that can't keep a database correct are a big worry because by definition, THAT'S YOUR MAIN JOB.

FIX IT, and let me know when you have.

Last year, I bought 2 domains from RD and I forgot to change the contact information so all the expiry notices I never received still must have gone to RD. Then the domains expired (gasp!) and I was sad. Then amazingly no one picked them up at drop and I reregistered both of them.

zenmarketing
20th February 2007, 04:09 PM
Domainsite sends me renewal notices for domains I transfered out as well...

rhys
20th February 2007, 04:15 PM
In short, both of you have to tell the people who bought your domains to change the contact information at domainsite because that does not change automatically.

sarcle
20th February 2007, 04:33 PM
Little hint: Turn Off automatic renewal notices.

It's pretty easy to keep track of IDN right now how many different registrars are your majority in?

gammascalper
20th February 2007, 04:35 PM
I've got hundreds of those damned renewal notices too.

Another peeve: I renewed a bunch of domains recently, but only 2 went through because the rest had already been transferred to a more reliable registrar.

Domains transferred out of DS do not necessarily disappear from your account listing. They stay there, sometimes for months.

And to make your accounting confusing, the funds for the renewals that don't go through are kept on hold at Paypal until they're released by some mysterious process.