PDA

View Full Version : local domain registers

chuck1rar
21st February 2007, 01:10 AM
Anyone know the best local (Japan) domain register to use?
Most of the ones I have come across complicate the process of registering domains...

Thanks

IDNCowboy
21st February 2007, 01:13 AM
Most of the ones I have come across complicate the process of registering domains...

Thanks
http://www.spec.jp-domains.net

Try JP Domains. Click the link above to get $15 per domain. They are based in Japan and the interface is in English. Michael, the owner is a very nice guy. Tell the owner I said hi ;-).

rhys
21st February 2007, 01:13 AM

Thanks

Try my signature link. JP-domains is english interface and very straightforward. $15 per .JP IDN!

Olney
21st February 2007, 01:23 AM
Best doesn't mean less complicated.
There are a few
www.value-domain.com
www.21-domain.com
www.onamae.com

All of them are complicated..

IDNCowboy
21st February 2007, 01:24 AM
Best doesn't mean less complicated.
There are a few
www.value-domain.com
www.21-domain.com
www.onamae.com

All of them are complicated..
These are only if he lives in Japan. I have tried to work with these but since I live in the U.S. there are too many hoops to jump thru.

chuck1rar
21st February 2007, 01:42 AM
Ok thanks Olney
this is more what I was looking for..
As the Eng site is double the cost just cause it is catering to the foreigners.

Thanks

One last question please.

Am looking at registering 110 domains at the same time, mixture of IDN and NON IDN. For those that do local registraions (with companies in Japan), do u keep them in Japan or do u transfer them to somewhere else? Which is more economical? I guess I would prefer to transfer all to an english service but I guess no big deal either way..

Thanks

IDNCowboy
21st February 2007, 02:15 AM
Ok thanks Olney
this is more what I was looking for..
As the Eng site is double the cost just cause it is catering to the foreigners.

Thanks

One last question please.

Am looking at registering 110 domains at the same time, mixture of IDN and NON IDN. For those that do local registraions (with companies in Japan), do u keep them in Japan or do u transfer them to somewhere else? Which is more economical? I guess I would prefer to transfer all to an english service but I guess no big deal either way..

Thanks
You can't reg names at value domains or those other registrars unless you are a citizen of japan

jp domains is $15 (they provide japanese address/presence) - oname is at least twice that < - olney can use them cause he lives in Japan

Olney
21st February 2007, 02:16 AM
I use 2 registrars for myself for IDNs mainly
One for my dot jps & one for dot coms & nets
I use a completely separate registrar for non IDNs..

Olney
21st February 2007, 02:17 AM
His location says
Kobe
I would assume he's in Kobe, Japan...
Or has connections there

Olney
21st February 2007, 02:21 AM
You can't reg names at value domains or those other registrars unless you are a citizen of japan

You need to reword this a bit

You need an address in Japan... I am not a Japanese citizen, I am a resident of Japan. there's a difference.

IDNCowboy
21st February 2007, 02:31 AM
You need to reword this a bit

You need an address in Japan... I am not a Japanese citizen, I am a resident of Japan. there's a difference.
i meant resident