PDA

View Full Version : How to delete domain / disable auto renew at Domainsite

alexd
21st February 2007, 07:55 AM
Hi guys

I have a name that is due for renewal in about a weeks time, but I dont want to renew the name at all. I am looking on domainsite for a way to delete the name but cannot find this option anywhere.

Can anyone let me know how I can drop a name from my account, or to turn off auto renew on the specific name I want to drop.

THanks

Alex

alpha
21st February 2007, 08:03 AM
Hi guys

I have a name that is due for renewal in about a weeks time, but I dont want to renew the name at all. I am looking on domainsite for a way to delete the name but cannot find this option anywhere.

Can anyone let me know how I can drop a name from my account, or to turn off auto renew on the specific name I want to drop.

THanks

Alex

you can't.

What I do, and others i think, is to open another DS account, make sure the auto-renew email notice is turned off, and simply push all your to-drop names there.

this way you can clearly seperate the keepers from the droppers, and only be bothered by renewal emails you know you need to see.

alexd
21st February 2007, 11:35 AM
Alpha - thanks for the reply.

Just done exactly what you said.

Thanks

Alex

IDNCowboy
21st February 2007, 03:00 PM
Alpha - thanks for the reply.

Just done exactly what you said.

Thanks

Alex
alot of names domanisite auto renews so if you pay a month late you still pay the $6.95. They might not disappear from your account til 2 months later. I guess domainsite after the 2-3 months would rather make the redemption fee than let ICANN get any ;p

but yea its annoying to see all your expired names in the CP