PDA

View Full Version : 上傳.com ( Upload.com ~ T.Chinese) My Working Creation

lyndonmaxewell
21st February 2007, 11:45 AM
I have developed my domain name 上傳.com (http://www.上傳.com/index.php) into a working upload website.

Feedback, suggestions anyone?

Actually I have 2 questions in addition.

Does anyone here know how to insert chinese characters in .php files? I do had the intention to create the webby totally in chinese, however I do not know how to go about doing it.

The next one is that www.上傳.com & 上傳.com seems to work differently. The earlier points back to namedrive instead. Can anyone advise me?

thegenius1
21st February 2007, 12:17 PM
I have developed my domain name 上傳.com (http://www.上傳.com/index.php) into a working upload website.

Feedback, suggestions anyone?

Actually I have 2 questions in addition.

Does anyone here know how to insert chinese characters in .php files? I do had the intention to create the webby totally in chinese, however I do not know how to go about doing it.

The next one is that www.上傳.com & 上傳.com seems to work differently. The earlier points back to namedrive instead. Can anyone advise me?

Not sure whats up with the site , but when i clicked on it , it just went haywire you may want to check it out

But im also in the process of putting up アップロード.jp Upload.jp Congrats

alpha
21st February 2007, 12:20 PM
..The next one is that www.上傳.com & 上傳.com seems to work differently. The earlier points back to namedrive instead. Can anyone advise me?

this is a setting controlled by your hosting provider.

If you were using Dreamhost for example, theres a little button that you can choose to treat 上傳.com and www.上傳.com the same.

have a look around on your hosting provider site, there will be something

Fka200
21st February 2007, 12:31 PM
website keeps forwarding to:

http://www.xn--fhqs8d.com/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php

edit: it actually adds an extra index.php after every refresh!

lyndonmaxewell
21st February 2007, 12:37 PM
Wow.. Seriously, I wonder what is wrong, since everyone is getting different answers here. :confused:

Anyway, does it go to the intended homepage?

Fka200
21st February 2007, 12:59 PM
Woot! works fine now. I might consider blending the ads if i were you, Although it looks good. Nice to see its up and running

edit: did a test upload, works great and fast. Is this shared hosting??

lyndonmaxewell
21st February 2007, 01:39 PM
yeap thx Fka200. :) will consider the suggestions in the latter part. What suggestions do you guys have for blending in the ads? I thought they contrasted just fine. White background?

I run it on the server that i paid for. Yea, it is shared hosting.

lyndonmaxewell
22nd February 2007, 01:40 PM
By the way, I would like to ask again to those developing their chinese domains (or any other languages), does anyone face the same problem of inserting chinese characters in .php files?

I tried developing the site, yet insertion of any foreign characters screw the entire script up. Any help to my answer?

For instance, php editor that you can use for IDNs.

alpha
22nd February 2007, 01:45 PM
... php editor that you can use for IDNs.

errrm I use notepad, but then I am self taught html (well self taught copy and paste from other people code anyway :p )

lyndonmaxewell
22nd February 2007, 01:52 PM
errrm I use notepad, but then I am self taught html (well self taught copy and paste from other people code anyway :p )

yea i used Notepad as well for everything. haha..
Other than Ansi, the rest of the encoding that i saved as such as:-

- Unicode
- Unicode big endian
- UTF-8

did not allow the .php file to show chinese characters. for instance my index.php did not churn up chinese words. Anyone does up their IDN website in php file format as well to share?

blastfromthepast
22nd February 2007, 02:44 PM
php does not work well with unicode.

lyndonmaxewell
22nd February 2007, 03:29 PM
php does not work well with unicode.

Thanks, well.. thats a real bummer! Considering that the upload script and files are all in php format, then there is no way for me to make it noticeble in chinese search engines. And of course to have google ads in chinese.

Sigh..