PDA

View Full Version : 能源.com (Energy.com) SOLD for $3999 on Snap

zenmarketing
21st February 2007, 08:20 PM
This was a long one!

The end of the auction for 能源.com (Energy.com) lasted almost an hour. I bailed out of the bidding early on but was there to watch the spectacle unfold.

Google Trends:
http://google.com/trends?q=%E8%83%BD%E6%BA%90

Baidu - 33 Million Results:
http://www.baidu.com/s?wd=%22%C4%DC%D4%B4%22&cl=3

It was quite an auction...

http://idnreport.com/energy.jpg

Congrats to the winner!

Thoughts from forum members?

bramiozo
21st February 2007, 08:32 PM
اخبار.com - information/news in farsi/urdu- $440
رياضة.com - sport,sports in arabic - $1544

كويت.com - kuwait.com is still going
منتديات.com - forum (?) is still going

sarcle
21st February 2007, 08:35 PM
Do you know what this means?

I put my domains in the moniker auction way to cheap.

IDNCowboy
21st February 2007, 08:39 PM
Do you know what this means?

I put my domains in the moniker auction way to cheap.
Jonathan Wu has unlimited cash (w2)

he is not letting anyone else win any names

sarcle
21st February 2007, 08:44 PM

I should post the pm I got from him on why he couldn't pay me. Now I know.

Drewbert
21st February 2007, 08:56 PM
xn--mgbfbs2ig4a.co went for $3100

IDNCowboy
21st February 2007, 08:57 PM
xn--mgbfbs2ig4a.co went for $3100
message board yup

gotta love how drewbert jumped in while w2 and i were fighting for the big names :P

nice grabs drewbert! it was hard to watch over all of those lol

zenmarketing
21st February 2007, 08:57 PM
كويت.com - kuwait.com is still going

Did this auction end yet? Interested in the results.

Drewbert
21st February 2007, 09:11 PM
xn--mgbfw4a5b.com $2100

Still a number of auctions still on the boil.

dnjournal will be interesting reading next week.

IDNCowboy
21st February 2007, 09:13 PM
xn--mgbfw4a5b.com $2100

how come you didn't go for sport, messsageboard or get acquainted? i was really surprised

Drewbert
21st February 2007, 09:20 PM
xn--ehbago.com $1111

zenmarketing
21st February 2007, 09:25 PM
It's funny how the Snap auctions are pretty quiet for long periods of time, and then suddenly there are so many awesome domains in the same day.

sarcle
21st February 2007, 09:28 PM
It's funny how the Snap auctions are pretty quiet for long periods of time, and then suddenly there are so many awesome domains in the same day.

One single portfolio holder going bust? But yes it is an odd coincidence.

IDNCowboy
21st February 2007, 09:29 PM
One single portfolio holder going bust? But yes it is an odd coincidence.
the same owner owned all the arabic names lol

sarcle
21st February 2007, 09:34 PM
the same owner owned all the arabic names lol

Not impossible? I own lots of good domains that were regged on the same day. A lapse in judgment on when they expire and boom you just lost yourself 10k to snapnames. OUCH

yanni
21st February 2007, 09:38 PM
What happens when the high bidder on a Snap auction doesn't pay?

??

IDNCowboy
21st February 2007, 09:40 PM

??
they'll have the next lowest bidder pay but i guess u can tell snap to erase the fradulent bidders bids

yanni
21st February 2007, 09:42 PM
Got it, thx.

sarcle
21st February 2007, 09:43 PM

??

Well one specific one does have a history of it. :)

bramiozo
21st February 2007, 09:49 PM
xn--mgbfw4a5b.com $2100

Translates as handshake ?

Kuwait went for $925 btw

IDNCowboy
21st February 2007, 09:52 PM
Translates as handshake ?

looks like a good name for a dating/social networking site

grr the auction went on for 2 hours. i was so close lol but got torn to shreds.

bramiozo
21st February 2007, 09:53 PM
mr. Wu part XXXIV ?

IDNCowboy
21st February 2007, 09:54 PM
mr. Wu part XXXIV ?
yep by jonathan wu superbowl sunday hurricane :)

he beat all of us for the high priced domains

bramiozo
21st February 2007, 10:01 PM
Coming at ya Wu-style ...

It still suprises me how little people there are in these auctions, about 4/5 on average, I mean it's clear these are top premiums right ? Where
are the investors, can they have difficulties with the translations ?

thegenius1
21st February 2007, 11:02 PM

It still suprises me how little people there are in these auctions, about 4/5 on average, I mean it's clear these are top premiums right ? Where

They are probably just LAZY !

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/53/Wu-TangClanEntertheWu-Tangalbumcover.jpg

Fka200
21st February 2007, 11:02 PM

I just find it funny that قوقل.com went for 1000+ (Google Knockoff)

mulligan
21st February 2007, 11:36 PM
So Emirates.net is worth $125 more than Kuwait.com ..

Fka200
21st February 2007, 11:38 PM
wasn't the best version of it mull

touchring
22nd February 2007, 03:28 AM

Doesn't really work for long. Ask Drew, he has been trying to price others out of the action, but it will end up only attracting bigger pockets into the game.

Anyway, Jon is helping to attract more buyers into the market with all those records announcements on DNJ!

Kudos to Jon! :) :)

IDNCowboy
22nd February 2007, 03:31 AM
yep i am glad. i fought til the end
he got some real winners ;)

zenmarketing
22nd February 2007, 04:08 AM
Does anyone know why 药店.com (DrugStore.com in simplified Chinese) wasn't reported on DNJournal? Or did I miss it?

IDNCowboy
22nd February 2007, 04:12 AM
Does anyone know why 药店.com (DrugStore.com in simplified Chinese) wasn't reported on DNJournal? Or did I miss it?
it was reported on dnjournal two weeks ago as pharmacy.com
http://www.dnjournal.com/archive/domainsales/2007/domainsales02-13-07.htm

bramiozo
22nd February 2007, 06:19 AM
I just find it funny that قوقل.com went for 1000+ (Google Knockoff)

I let the .net drop several months ago, no tm's please.

MDM
22nd February 2007, 12:16 PM
they'll have the next lowest bidder pay but i guess u can tell snap to erase the fradulent bidders bids

How to tell the bidders are fradulent? May be they are from the snap cos?

Giant
22nd February 2007, 01:01 PM
How to tell the bidders are fradulent? May be they are from the snap cos?

I don't think there are fraudulent bidders from Snap. They are quite transparent, you can always find out who are bidding.

g
22nd February 2007, 01:08 PM
yep by jonathan wu superbowl sunday hurricane :)

he beat all of us for the high priced domains

why he doesn't buy from the market ..... he may get good offers and much better idns than snapnames

he pays x,xxx$ for alot of names at snapnames while I have never seen a buyer offered x,xxx$ in the wanted idns section .... Edwin did it once and offered 1000$ with much talk about how the idn has to be very premium and good.

what strategy he follows ..... is he just consuming anything that move and that's it?

my guess is that he is suspicious about translation and value of idns so he let bidders at snapnames determine the value by bidding

he will blow the idn market prices sooner or later anyway after he consumes everything he wants :)

I will be busy this week reporting many arabic idns sales

zenmarketing
22nd February 2007, 04:19 PM
my guess is that he is suspicious about translation and value of idns so he let bidders at snapnames determine the value by bidding

This is possible but you do have to have to be somewhat comfortable with translations in order to know which auctions to enter in the first place. Otherwise you'd be stuck getting a lot of bad names at $60.

sarcle
22nd February 2007, 08:00 PM
why he doesn't buy from the market ..... he may get good offers and much better idns than snapnames

he pays x,xxx$ for alot of names at snapnames while I have never seen a buyer offered x,xxx$ in the wanted idns section

Lol. He's here and he tries, offers lowball on big names and expects a bite.

Just don't believe him when he comes to you saying he only has 1/4 of the cash to complete the deal. :confused:

Low profile is what he wants. To bad that isn't working for him, what he didn't expect is that most of the oldtimers here talk to each other daily on skype or pm. Everyone that recieved offers have been talking back and forth and already know this guy and his capabilities.

More info to come....I'm just in the process of gathering it all.

Giant
22nd February 2007, 10:52 PM
Lol. He's here and he tries, offers lowball on big names and expects a bite.

Just don't believe him when he comes to you saying he only has 1/4 of the cash to complete the deal. :confused:

Low profile is what he wants. To bad that isn't working for him, what he didn't expect is that most of the oldtimers here talk to each other daily on skype or pm. Everyone that recieved offers have been talking back and forth and already know this guy and his capabilities.

More info to come....I'm just in the process of gathering it all.

He also approached me 2 or 3 weeks ago for one of my top names. I didn't know he would have the money to buy and I didn't really want to sell that name, so I just quote him a price and wished he would go away. Unexpectedly, he replied in 5 minute that the name was SOLD to him. He then immediately arranged to transfer the name at Escrow.com. I received the email from Escrow and I AGREED to the transfer. Next day, he informed me that he cancelled the deal because the price was too high and asked me if I could sell him at 1/30 of the price :-)

This is the first time I have seen this kind of thing happened to me. But I was happy and did not bother because I wanted to keep this name.

sarcle
22nd February 2007, 10:58 PM
Next day, he informed me that he cancelled the deal because the price was too high and asked me if I could sell him at 1/30 of the price :-)

This is the first time I have seen this kind of thing happened to me. But I was happy and did not bother because I wanted to keep this name.

Ethics are not a strong suit for this person. I'm going like I said all the information I can and get it out.

markits
22nd February 2007, 11:03 PM
$500 offers are mostly I received from him recently.

sarcle
22nd February 2007, 11:11 PM
$500 offers are mostly I received from him recently.

Low balling is fine. Backing out of a deal is fine.

Agreeing to a deal, then when it comes to paying only offering 1/4 or a 1/30 of what was agreed upon is down right despicable. And I believe that something should be done about this member. Especially when they say they don't have the money which, um, obviously they do. You should see his place. Must cost a fortune.

Your reputation is everything in this business. Frankly his isn't worth much to piss on.

IDNCowboy
22nd February 2007, 11:20 PM
Low balling is fine. Backing out of a deal is fine.

Agreeing to a deal, then when it comes to paying only offering 1/4 or a 1/30 of what was agreed upon is down right despicable. And I believe that something should be done about this member. Especially when they say they don't have the money which, um, obviously they do. You should see his place. Must cost a fortune.

Your reputation is everything in this business. Frankly his isn't worth much to piss on.
he also leeches information from this board and never contributes.
I call for a ban.

thegenius1
22nd February 2007, 11:23 PM
he also leeches information from this board and never contributes.
I call for a ban.

You cant ban a member for not posting or liking IDN's , this isn't ricks board :p

IDNCowboy
22nd February 2007, 11:27 PM
You cant ban a member for not posting or liking IDN's , this isn't ricks board :p
the ban was referring to him not completing deals - not contributing to the board doesn't help his stay here either.

sarcle
22nd February 2007, 11:34 PM

Jeff is referring to the deals. Like I said, when it comes down to an agreed upon amount and then offers only a fraction saying things like, "this is a lot of money, and I just don't have this cash now but I can pay this amount." Is a shark acting like a goldfish.

There's a lot more. I'm preparing, I'll be going to Olney with the info and asking him, then fill you in. Johnny thought he could actually get away with this? Funny.

markits
22nd February 2007, 11:34 PM
No ban is necessary; not means I like his behaviour though..

touchring
23rd February 2007, 02:45 AM
Guys, let's over this. The way to deal with this is - so long as you have not received the sale proceeds, there is no deal.

We still need someone to help post record sales on DNJ, especially so in a time when quality of drops have fallen off the cliff the past 6 months. This helps attract attention and bring more buyers into the market. :)

zenmarketing
26th February 2007, 01:58 AM
In an ironic follow up to this...

I just checked my Snapnames account, and the energy.com auction is still listed as "Payment Pending" after 4 days.

Indicating that perhaps the winner was not able to pay for the name...

tee1
26th February 2007, 02:12 AM
Could just be a snap issue, I had one take a few days. money actually showed as being taken out of my bank account, then disappeared and then reappeared a few days later. It took so long I was about to email snap to make sure I got the name.:confused:

then again maybe jonny is re-negotiating with snap
tee1

I just checked my Snapnames account, and the energy.com auction is still listed as "Payment Pending" after 4 days.

IDNCowboy
26th February 2007, 02:21 AM
They got the money cause energy.com shows jonny in the whois.

no money = no domain usually

touchring
26th February 2007, 02:22 AM

ops. let's stop guessing. :)

MDM
26th February 2007, 12:54 PM
Ethics are not a strong suit for this person. I'm going like I said all the information I can and get it out.

what's his name here?