PDA

View Full Version : Post your highest score

alpha
22nd February 2007, 09:53 AM
my latest developed site.

lets face it it's pretty dull, but it was 40mins effort worth. lol

if you are bored, feel free to play and post your hi-scores.

please no clicking on ads

ゲーム趣味.com (http://xn--sckyeod324oo00d.com/)

Olney
22nd February 2007, 10:28 AM
You help by just adding more domains to Search Engine Results...

alpha
22nd February 2007, 10:32 AM
oh, i do quantity - this is the 92nd one i've put live. The quality, hmm, well thats another matter.

btw, if anyone has any idea why the ads showing on that page are absolutely nothing to do with games, and more to do with trucks, i am real curious - coz as usual i am dumbfounded.

thx.

blastfromthepast
22nd February 2007, 10:36 AM
You have competition from http://game.ee-life.biz/ branding itself as ゲーム趣味.com

thegenius1
22nd February 2007, 10:38 AM
Cool Site , Awesome Ovt. 997,371 .... Should make some nice money when a % of these people start bookmarking it every month.

alpha
22nd February 2007, 10:41 AM
You have competition from http://game.ee-life.biz/ branding itself as ゲーム趣味.com

yes I know.

In fact I was having this conversation with Sarcle the other day.

searching ".com" on Google is enlightening to say the least.

It seems quite a common theme for Asian websites to put idn.com in their banners - it's almost like they have been waiting for us to reg these names :p

touchring
22nd February 2007, 11:51 AM
yes I know.

In fact I was having this conversation with Sarcle the other day.

searching ".com" on Google is enlightening to say the least.

It seems quite a common theme for Asian websites to put idn.com in their banners - it's almost like they have been waiting for us to reg these names :p

It's common for japanese websites, i think?

seamo
22nd February 2007, 12:05 PM
It's common for japanese websites, i think?
I've noticed .jp showing up as well.

Nice choice of game there too Alpha...

Fka200
22nd February 2007, 12:25 PM
great idea for a mini site!

domainguru
22nd February 2007, 01:22 PM
great idea for a mini site!

or perhaps better to have 1400 games on your site:)

http://xn--12c8d1a4fxc.com

don't worry about clicking on ads, there aren't any !!

Fka200
22nd February 2007, 01:23 PM

that works also ;)

domainguru
22nd February 2007, 01:30 PM
that works also ;)

especially if you can read thai, lol

alpha
22nd February 2007, 01:37 PM

nice.

I found a Japanese retro on line game affiliate on my travels the other day. I should probably hook into that.

domainguru
22nd February 2007, 01:44 PM
nice.

I found a Japanese retro on line game affiliate on my travels the other day. I should probably hook into that.

becomes a lot of work to be honest. we have been at this site for 3 months now on and off and have gone through 3 revisions already. Currently getting a pro "skin" done to complement the nice thai logo. Also getting all the titles and descriptions translated into thai.

This is the top thai search term (by far) though, so it will be worth in in about 6 months when we are riding high on the search engines and getting XXXX fresh visitors a day.

touchring
22nd February 2007, 01:46 PM

Thks, how do you get a pagerank of 5 so quickly?

IDNCowboy
22nd February 2007, 01:48 PM

that is awesome

who made this for you? is it using gamescript?

alpha
22nd February 2007, 01:49 PM
becomes a lot of work to be honest....

yes, and a lot of work I couldn't justify.

My strategy is to get ALL of my domains on a simple website, then those that show any real activity - I will invest time and money into developing.

You think you would be able to predict which ones do well wouldn't you, based on OVT?

nope.

I have names with 100's of 1000's of ovt with zero landings. I also have a domain with only a few hundred OVT that gets consistent nice $2 clicks.

domainguru
22nd February 2007, 01:55 PM

My strategy is to get ALL of my domains on a simple website, then those that show any real activity - I will invest time and money into developing.

You think you would be able to predict which ones do well wouldn't you, based on OVT?

nope.

I have names with 100's of 1000's of ovt with zero landings. I also have a domain with only a few hundred OVT that gets consistent nice $2 clicks.

That's because type-ins don't really exist to any statistical extent. Lots of people on this forum don't want to hear it, but its true. 99% of traffic is coming through having our domains turn up in search engines.

And for that, tools like OVT and google trends are 100000% useful.

So if you are planning to develop, absolutely believe what OVT and google trends tell you. because that is what real people are really searching for. If you just want to predict which IDNs people are typing in, you might as well not bother, because genuine type-ins are very far and few between and will be for years. Whenever someone tells me they are getting improvements in Thai type-ins, I tell them to look at google search results. That is where they find their improvements, not from type-ins.

We are getting several hundred daily visitors now and climbing up google.co.th. We know that Thais search around 300K times per day for this term. If we can get top 5, we will be doing maybe 10K visitors per day. That's not fantasy, that is what will happen. So if you have a top search term, develop, develop, and develop, its the only way to go.

thegenius1
22nd February 2007, 02:54 PM

Thats why at one point Our Focus changed from Search to bids , because basically if they are paying for it , there is a good reason.

touchring
22nd February 2007, 03:08 PM
Lots of people on this forum don't want to hear it, but its true. 99% of traffic is coming through having our domains turn up in search engines.

Well, i said that on average 70-90% of traffic comes from search engines, and i've become the number one public enemy of resellers. :X

rhys
22nd February 2007, 04:09 PM
In the case of Japan, I'd be more like 99%

xxbossmanxx
22nd February 2007, 04:22 PM
Cool deal but is cramming banners and links on every square inch of available space and focusing on click revenue all we do here? I like to think of "dev" as more than just putting up a site with ads but actually putting quality content on the web.

domainguru
22nd February 2007, 05:00 PM
that is awesome

who made this for you? is it using gamescript?

we made it ourselves, but started with something called flashgamescript. we rejected gamescript for some reason in the distant past, something about not being able to handle UTF-8 or similar, can't remember now. It's not finished yet. We need to get all the translations finished, and also are getting it "skinned". The current version is just meant to be search engine friendly, not meant to be that great on the eye.

sarcle
22nd February 2007, 06:52 PM
That's because type-ins don't really exist to any statistical extent. Lots of people on this forum don't want to hear it, but its true. 99% of traffic is coming through having our domains turn up in search engines.

I don't think that's true. For the most part the ones that have been here the entire time know the score and aren't deluding ourselves anymore. We've put up a single page website or two and seen the 90% XP IE6 stats. But I also see this as a good thing. I've already said it's only up from here.

And Olney is right, that for every domain with that gets seen in it's unicode form in the Search Engines people will be more and more aware that these sites exist and we'll be that much closer to our goal when the auto shipment of IE7 hits Asia. (When ever the Hell that's going to be. Seriously. Enough is enough.)

Cool deal but is cramming banners and links on every square inch of available space and focusing on click revenue all we do here? I like to think of "dev" as more than just putting up a site with ads but actually putting quality content on the web.

Huge difference between developers and domainers. Most of us that have been here since the beginning are sitting on a thousand or few names. Those regs add up. The only real way to recoup those fees in any quantity is to produce these sites for the time being. I think most serious domainers here are planning on having their domains built into real developed and commercial sites. But for the time being sitting on a few thousand names that's just not realistic when the traffic isn't there.

mdw
22nd February 2007, 06:58 PM
becomes a lot of work to be honest. we have been at this site for 3 months now on and off and have gone through 3 revisions already. Currently getting a pro "skin" done to complement the nice thai logo. Also getting all the titles and descriptions translated into thai.

This is the top thai search term (by far) though, so it will be worth in in about 6 months when we are riding high on the search engines and getting XXXX fresh visitors a day.

Looks like time well spent. Dressing up games are nicely done - you guys have done a wonderful job here. สวยมาก