PDA

View Full Version : Moniker T.R.A.F.F.I.C. auction names posted - no idns listed?

IDNCowboy
23rd February 2007, 06:55 AM
http://marketplacepro.moniker.com/files/Master_Auction_Domain_List.xls

master list

Loan.gd made the list. How ironic :(

thegenius1
23rd February 2007, 07:07 AM
Discrimination ?

Fka200
23rd February 2007, 07:09 AM
Wow, what a joke

alpha
23rd February 2007, 07:24 AM
itsalongshot.com $10,001 - $25,000

now that is irony.

Olney
23rd February 2007, 07:31 AM
Anyone want to post quality they put up?
I'll admit I personally can't say anything because I failed to compile a list to offer.

Fka200
23rd February 2007, 07:35 AM
I'll admit I personally can't say anything because I failed to compile a list to offer.

RD offered some very, very good IDNs.

thegenius1
23rd February 2007, 07:37 AM
itsalongshot.com $10,001 - $25,000

now that is irony.

LMAO !

mulligan
23rd February 2007, 07:39 AM
MOSTBEAUTIFULDOLLS.COM makes it in and yet not one IDN -- What a joke!

seamo
23rd February 2007, 07:51 AM
Don't be too disappointed boys.

We know we're banging our heads against a brick wall to convince the hardcore ascii crowd anyways.

FACT: When they finally believe, it'll be too late for them anyway. That's when we have the last laugh ;)

thegenius1
23rd February 2007, 07:59 AM
MOSTBEAUTIFULDOLLS.COM makes it in and yet not one IDN -- What a joke!

I wouldn't pay a dollar for this piece of Crap Honestly!

Okay then again maybe a buck because these idiots must see something in it :rolleyes:

Rubber Duck
23rd February 2007, 08:13 AM
I think you should all show a bit more dignity and decorum and not jump to conclusions.

Don seems to have indicated that IDN have been accepted. He also previously mentioned that the system was being revamped to accommodate them.

The Master List is essentially there to make the final selections to the Live Auction based on interest. It may well be that some alternative improvised selection process applies to IDN. Lets face it your chances of being included in the Live Auction from participating in popular vote from ASCII domainers would be virtually nil.

I don't personally see Rick's hand here. I am sure if his intent was to humiliate, he would have played a much more subtle game.

Whilst, we may not all be his favourite people. It is obvious that TRAFFICS is a business and it must remain relevant. Reputation is everything in the conference game. I am sure that the risk of alienating key partners and damaging strategic advantage come before personal likes and dislikes, and even pride.

rhys
23rd February 2007, 08:26 AM
RD - you're the calm and measured voice of restraint on this topic? Wow. Did I miss something somewhere? I'm glad to read it.

Wot
23rd February 2007, 09:53 AM
My flabber is gasted!:confused:

Did I miss something?

miss.com 1- $5K ?

MISS.INFO 1-$5K

(I submitted American.info - no response - se la vie)

CameraTelephone(s).mobi - $50 - $100K (I own Camphones.mobi - yes , I do , sorry)

Whole bunches of obscure cctld and non cctlds.-Weird :eek:

Rubber Duck
23rd February 2007, 10:16 AM
CameraTelephone(s).mobi - $50 - $100K (I own Camphones.mobi - yes , I do , sorry)

Yours has actually got to be better.

I can only think that the "K" is a Typo!

sunsei21
23rd February 2007, 10:29 AM
(I submitted American.info - no response - se la vie)

Whole bunches of obscure cctld and non cctlds.-Weird :eek:[/QUOTE]

American.info is on the list :cool:

seamo
23rd February 2007, 10:33 AM
American.info is on the list :cool:

Yup - no 180.

Well done, and good luck Wot.

bwhhisc
23rd February 2007, 10:35 AM
RD - you're the calm and measured voice of restraint on this topic? Wow. Did I miss something somewhere? I'm glad to read it.

As I scanned down the thread I could only begin to visualize the famous scene from Animal House beginning to playout...
TOGA TOGA! TOGA!! TOGA!!!!!!!!!

Wot
23rd February 2007, 11:15 AM
Yup - no 180.

Well done, and good luck Wot.

I mut be brind ras a brat! :p

I never had any confirmation.

sarcle
23rd February 2007, 11:32 AM
I think you should all show a bit more dignity and decorum and not jump to conclusions.

Don seems to have indicated that IDN have been accepted. He also previously mentioned that the system was being revamped to accommodate them.

The Master List is essentially there to make the final selections to the Live Auction based on interest. It may well be that some alternative improvised selection process applies to IDN. Lets face it your chances of being included in the Live Auction from participating in popular vote from ASCII domainers would be virtually nil.

I don't personally see Rick's hand here. I am sure if his intent was to humiliate, he would have played a much more subtle game.

Whilst, we may not all be his favourite people. It is obvious that TRAFFICS is a business and it must remain relevant. Reputation is everything in the conference game. I am sure that the risk of alienating key partners and damaging strategic advantage come before personal likes and dislikes, and even pride.

Adam - they may be included with the portfolios, however, we sent some inquiries out and there is not high demand for IDN's in this format yet. We may put some of them in the silent auction.

Best Regards,
Monte Cahn
Founder / CEO
Monte@corp.moniker.com
Toll Free: 1-800-688-6311
O: 954-984-8445
F: 954-984-0209

This is the email I got from Monte Cahn himself. Not enough interest? They flat out lied. They come and post IDNs to be included in the auction. Both those guys said that IDN would be given a fair shot. This is hilarious. Yes as much interest as .mobi had at the last auction? Or these piece of shit names they are including for $25,000. Or worthless extensions like .gd oh, HUGE demand for them. I personally thought Monte would have shown a little more backbone.

Rubber Duck
23rd February 2007, 12:35 PM
Well, I was clearly wrong.

I think Monte has done himself a huge dis-service here. I did not put names forward of the calibre that I did to be shunted into a silent Auction. I shall be writing to them when I get back and asking to have my domains withdrawn, as there are issues of bad faith here. Clearly Rick has put his oar in and is determined to make TRAFFICS irrelevant to IDNers and much of the domaining World, probably on the advice of those arseholes from SEDO.

Well, if this is how we are to be treated, I don't want any part of what is on offer at Moniker, until they have shown that they mean business.

touchring
23rd February 2007, 01:05 PM
anyone got the silent auction list?

IDNCowboy
23rd February 2007, 01:06 PM
its in the other thread

mulligan
23rd February 2007, 01:15 PM
téléchargement (http://www.t%c3%a9l%c3%a9chargement.com/)
Was wondering when you were gonna do something with that!
V nice!

IDNCowboy
23rd February 2007, 01:17 PM
well I don't know who Moniker asked. I thought the list was private til released to the public. So in the process between them collecting the IDNs here and making the list who knows what happened.

It seems that Rick Schwartz and Co who literally "co owns" the auction voted No to IDNs.

domainstosell
23rd February 2007, 01:24 PM

Well, I put up stuff that I thought would have an appeal to some of the ASCII investors looking to get into IDNs. BTW, a couple of my ASCII domains made it (the ones in BOLD below), but no IDNs. Funny thing is, I didn't even know I had any in until I saw the list that IDNcowboy posted.

صدام.com
Français.biz
ì.net
ê.biz
Califórnia.com (No, it isn't a dreaded SEDO phishing domain, it is Portuguese)
CancúnHotel.com
CancúnVacations.com
MéxicoTravel.com
TravelMéxico.com
Vídeo.biz
GasStations.org
AreaRestaurants.mobi
CarLots.mobi
HomeRunHeroes.com
FareBall.com
CancunHotelPackages.com
LuxuryHotelsMacau.com
LocalRestaurant.info
DailyNewspapers.info
NewspaperSubscription.us
NewspaperSubscriptions.info
NewspaperSubscriptions.net

sarcle
23rd February 2007, 01:29 PM
Well, I was clearly wrong.

I think Monte has done himself a huge dis-service here. I did not put names forward of the calibre that I did to be shunted into a silent Auction. I shall be writing to them when I get back and asking to have my domains withdrawn, as there are issues of bad faith here. Clearly Rick has put his oar in and is determined to make TRAFFICS irrelevant to IDNers and much of the domaining World, probably on the advice of those arseholes from SEDO.

Well, if this is how we are to be treated, I don't want any part of what is on offer at Moniker, until they have shown that they mean business.

Best Regards,
Monte Cahn
Founder / CEO
Monte@corp.moniker.com

Yes well this information above here. Is for everyone to use. And do use it.

This smells of Rick, but Moniker allowing us to believe IDN were in until the ball actually drops is bullshit. And they need to know that. Escrows, if needed, I will have done through Afternic now not Moniker. Just about the only place that hasn't screwed me yet. Still waiting for that to happen.

Rubber Duck
23rd February 2007, 01:32 PM
well I don't know who Moniker asked. I thought the list was private til released to the public. So in the process between them collecting the IDNs here and making the list who knows what happened.

It seems that Rick Schwartz and Co who literally "co owns" the auction voted No to IDNs.

What can you say?

The only thoughts on my mind at the moment are:

More Blatant Market Manipulation

Anti-Trust

Class Action

sunsei21
23rd February 2007, 01:36 PM

They havent split the names up into silent and live auction as of yet i dont think march 1st is the big Finale it seems :)

Rubber Duck
23rd February 2007, 01:38 PM
Yes, I have actively been discussing a Mid $xxx,xxx deal this last week, and have been looking at Escrow. Afternic are looking increasingly attractive for doing such business.

As far as Monte Cahn is concerned, I think he is going to have to start looking around for new strategic alliances. It would seem that he is being rapidly herded into a Blind Canyon.

Best Regards,
Monte Cahn
Founder / CEO
Monte@corp.moniker.com

Yes well this information above here. Is for everyone to use. And do use it.

This smells of Rick, but Moniker allowing us to believe IDN were in until the ball actually drops is bullshit. And they need to know that. Escrows, if needed, I will have done through Afternic now not Moniker. Just about the only place that hasn't screwed me yet. Still waiting for that to happen.

mulligan
23rd February 2007, 01:52 PM
....And they need to know that. Escrows, if needed, I will have done through Afternic now not Moniker.....
idnbond.com (http://www.idnbond.com/) will take care of any IDN escrow needs you have .... :)

sarcle
23rd February 2007, 01:54 PM
idnbond.com (http://www.idnbond.com/) will take care of any IDN escrow needs you have .... :)

Thanks Mulligan. I'll definitely think of you next time.

zfreud
23rd February 2007, 02:39 PM
My advice to everyone here is to keep this in perspective. T.R.A.F.F.I.C. is a decidedly North American phenomenon. For the most part you are dealing with domainers from the USA so it is not surprising to find a total lack of cultural awareness. I mean more than 70% of US citizens don't even carry a passport! As an American myself (or more properly a New Yorker) I find that shocking.

The reality is that in the near future demand for most IDN domains will originate outside of the USA. T.R.A.F.F.I.C. Is unlikely to ever play a part in brokering that demand. So who cares what they think? I personally know of numerous four and five figure IDN transactions that never made DNJournal.

I think we're still a couple years away from "the big bang" for this market. To sell a premium domain now to a US speculator may help defray your renewal costs but will be a shortsighted decision. The real demand is going to come when the local markets in Asia reach tipping point for IDN adoption and that is still 18 to 24 months away.

Rubber Duck
23rd February 2007, 02:44 PM
I think you are absolutely correct in the majority of your comment here, except the time scales that you are projecting. My view is that if IDN are not showing very significant advances in the next six months the chances are they never will. Not that I consider that scenario as having a significant level of probability.

My advice to everyone here is to keep this in perspective. T.R.A.F.F.I.C. is a decidedly North American phenomenon. For the most part you are dealing with domainers from the USA so it is not surprising to find a total lack of cultural awareness. I mean more than 70% of US citizens don't even carry a passport! As an American myself (or more properly a New Yorker) I find that shocking.

The reality is that in the near future demand for most IDN domains will originate outside of the USA. T.R.A.F.F.I.C. Is unlikely to ever play a part in brokering that demand. So who cares what they think? I personally know of numerous four and five figure IDN transactions that never made DNJournal.

I think we're still a couple years away from "the big bang" for this market. To sell a premium domain now to a US speculator may help defray your renewal costs but will be a shortsighted decision. The real demand is going to come when the local markets in Asia reach tipping point for IDN adoption and that is still 18 to 24 months away.

thegenius1
23rd February 2007, 02:50 PM
My view is that if IDN are not showing very significant advances in the next six months the chances are they never will. Not that I consider that scenario as having a significant level of probability.

Depends how you define significant , we have a detrimental role to play in IDN's to as investors. But to give it 6 months is ludicrous , every market will have its own time frame IMO. Yeah we may have to renew another year or so but that doesnt mean the next 6 months make or break anything.

touchring
23rd February 2007, 02:57 PM
Depends how you define significant , we have a detrimental role to play in IDN's to as investors. But to give it 6 months is ludicrous , every market will have its own time frame IMO. Yeah we may have to renew another year or so but that doesnt mean the next 6 months make or break anything.

I think RD is quite correct in certain sense with respect to the 6 months - in that we got about 6 more months to play with - America or Israel might be at war with Iran by then?!

But i don't agree with "never", unless domains as a whole become obsolete.

thegenius1
23rd February 2007, 03:04 PM
I think RD is quite correct in certain sense with respect to the 6 months - in that we got about 6 more months to play with - America or Israel might be at war with Iran by then?! But i don't agree with "never".

Again it depends what you define as significant , are we talking Traffic , End Users , other foreign domainers coming into the picture ?

Every Market has its own time frame , to put a 6 month label on "IDN's" is Ludicrous as every market will develop at its own pace.

And wars dont have nothing to do with it unless Kim Jong-il wants to wipes us all out lol

Rubber Duck
23rd February 2007, 03:06 PM

We have little or no impact on the markets one way or another. The adoption of IDN by large companies is what matters. This is already happening to a very significant degree in China. All Chinese Government websites will shortly follow Beijing's example and put up an IDN site. The only thing holding up anything here is not DNAME but IE7. IE7 just has not happened yet. Basically, Microsoft never delivered on any of their promises.

IE7 will arrive in one form or another in the near future, however. Even XP won't be delivered with IE6 on new machines. In most Asian Economies, you can look at 20% market share coming from system replacements. Another 20% coming market expansion. and probably at least 40% coming from Auto Updates.

Where we are getting Search Statitics to date we seem to have a picture of a about 95% XP/IE6 systems. IE7 to date seems to be virtually non existent. By the middle of this year we should be approaching somewhere near 50% penetration of supporting browsers. At that point Content will explode and so will traffic. Online companies trying to trade with ASCII addresses will be going bust by the thousand. The rest will stampede to IDN. This is not about some bolt on optional luxury, this will be about survival.

This will not happen in two years time, it is about to happen very soon. Some countries will be in the Vanguard and others like Japan will tag along behind, but it is already happening elsewhere and the pace is set to accelerate markedly.

zfreud
23rd February 2007, 03:07 PM
IDNs are a forgone conclusion in China and Japan and there is no question demand is already escalating for native script domains in those countries. However, for these countries to reach the stage where most consumers are thinking "native language URL" when they go to browse will take time. Certainly more than six months. It will also take the branding $ that will arrive when companies wake up to the fact they can brand in their native script.

When I say two years I am talking about the moment in time where EVERYONE in China and Japan suddenly realizes that ASCII domains are a thing of the past. The moment when to have an ASCII domain is seen as being behind the times...that is certainly not happening in six months.

Business and markets hate uncertainty. The obvious big question still to be resolved is how DNAME / NS is decided...after that uncertainty is removed (early 08 ) momentum will build rapidly.

bwhhisc
23rd February 2007, 03:09 PM
I sent an email to Monte and here is part of his response regarding IDNS.
Received today 2/23

"we are going to put (idns) in the silent auction...just getting the proper information for each one
and making sure that the program can handle the different display. I will have my folks visit the
forums and make sure they know". Monte

My 2 cents: Give the guy a chance and lets hopefully come off as a group of professionals regardless of how they
run "their" auction or what is decided to be featured or put in. We are still at the beginning of the journey
and if some result$ are seen with idn in the silent auctions, we can step up the ladder a bit next time.

Let's keep the dialogue open...the fat lady hasn't sung on this auction yet!

touchring
23rd February 2007, 03:11 PM
Again it depends what you define as significant , are we talking Traffic , End Users , other foreign domainers coming into the picture ?

Every Market has its own time frame , to put a 6 month label on "IDN's" is Ludicrous as every market will develop at its own pace.

And wars dont have nothing to do with it unless Kim Jong-il wants to wipes us all out lol

The war part is only an analogy. Trying to say that the longer it drags, we risk people losing interest. Traffic is already rising, so it's already factored into the picture. If RD can pull off with the mid-6 figures deal now, it will be a good and shrewd move, imo. Good luck! :)

thegenius1
23rd February 2007, 03:12 PM
We have little or no impact on the markets one way or another. The adoption of IDN by large companies is what matters.

There are sooooo many idn.jp's owned by companies its not even funny , whether they start using them next week, next month, or next year will have nothing to do with the success of IDN's because they will start using them.

alpha
23rd February 2007, 03:12 PM
I sent an email to Monte and here is part of his response regarding IDNS..... I will have my folks visit the
forums and make sure they know".

:o quick. go amend that thread where you call them all a bunch of ******

Rubber Duck
23rd February 2007, 03:17 PM
DNAME is not a big uncertainty in China. If ICANN do not do this, then China will. End of Story.

I think you can expect a announcement from ICANN regarding DNAME/NS very soon. On ccTLDs this has always been about how it would be implemented rather than what is going to be implemented.

With gTLD a few a fuzzy brained individuals have managed to create an awful lot uncertainty. The problem is there is no realistic alternative to DNAME. If it cannot be done everyone is just going to have to get by with IDN.com until somebody solves the technical issues surrounding it. Personally, I don't think there are any serious technical issues. In many ways these may be being used to present the World with a fait accompli at the policy level.

As far as China is concerned this is a total non issue. China is going IDN come hell or highwater, and India is making similar noises if you listen carefully.

The advent of IDN.ru will cause an explosion of interest in Russia.

Much of the rest of Asia has very immature Internets and most will come online never knowing anything other than IDN.

IDNs are a forgone conclusion in China and Japan and there is no question demand is already escalating for native script domains in those countries. However, for these countries to reach the stage where most consumers are thinking "native language URL" when they go to browse will take time. Certainly more than six months. It will also take the branding $ that will arrive when companies wake up to the fact they can brand in their native script.

When I say two years I am talking about the moment in time where EVERYONE in China and Japan suddenly realizes that ASCII domains are a thing of the past. The moment when to have an ASCII domain is seen as being behind the times...that is certainly not happening in six months.

Business and markets hate uncertainty. The obvious big question still to be resolved is how DNAME / NS is decided...after that uncertainty is removed (early 08) momentum will build rapidly.

zfreud
23rd February 2007, 03:40 PM
The uncertainty with DNAME is how onerous the application process will be for the aliased TLDs. Everything I see coming from ICANN is indicating they plan to make all new IDN TLDs (aliased or NS) go through the standard new TLD process. Which is expesive and time consuming. So even if DNAME is adopted, what .com aliases to is an open question and will probably remain so for some time. The ccTLDs will obviously have a leg up here.

IDNCowboy
23rd February 2007, 03:55 PM
Received today 2/23

"we are going to put (idns) in the silent auction...just getting the proper information for each one
and making sure that the program can handle the different display. I will have my folks visit the

My 2 cents: Give the guy a chance and lets hopefully come off as a group of professionals regardless of how they
run "their" auction or what is decided to be featured or put in. We are still at the beginning of the journey
and if some result$ are seen with idn in the silent auctions, we can step up the ladder a bit next time.

none would make the live auction tho

Rubber Duck
23rd February 2007, 04:23 PM
The uncertainty with DNAME is how onerous the application process will be for the aliased TLDs. Everything I see coming from ICANN is indicating they plan to make all new IDN TLDs (aliased or NS) go through the standard new TLD process. Which is expesive and time consuming. So even if DNAME is adopted, what .com aliases to is an open question and will probably remain so for some time. The ccTLDs will obviously have a leg up here.

You still make the presumption that nobody will be comfortable with IDN.com.

For right to left languages that would seem to be a problem, but for the rest frankly, I do not think it matters. Dot Com is already a very well established brand. That is not going to change.

Received today 2/23

The point is that we have been actively discriminated against.

There has been no effective sounding out as to potential interest in IDN. They have not been included in that process.

A whole lot of dead beat rubbish will be included.

I am afraid this goes back to the issues raised in the "Train Crash" thread. Unfortunately, the issues have not gone away and my position and opinions have been validated.

We are now clearly in a situation where certain individuals feel empowered to determine the direction of domain markets so they can profit from courses that have been predetermined. This is not only very bad for IDN, but is very very bad for domaining in general.

I do not think from this point going forward that prices in the TRAFFICS auctions can be said to be determined by market forces. That is a very dangerous situation for the Industry to be in.

thegenius1
23rd February 2007, 04:38 PM
We are now clearly in a situation where certain individuals feel empowered to determine the direction of domain markets so they can profit from courses that have been predetermined. This is not only very bad for IDN, but is very very bad for domaining in general.

It is bad for domaining but not necessarily IDN's because frankly we don't need their venue !

Rubber Duck
23rd February 2007, 04:43 PM
It is bad for domaining but not necessarily IDN's because frankly we don't need their venue !

It is no wonder Maddison Avenue will not play ball. I think Webfather probably sounds a bit too close to Godfather for their liking.

IDNs are part of the overall situation, but yes, I think that recent "activities" could actually have much more impact on English dot Coms. Those domains are now fetching very considerable sums. Damaged confidence there will have much more impact.

sarcle
23rd February 2007, 04:54 PM
Received today 2/23

Well I'll be the first to say this. This is not the email I received now it's definite that they are going. Funny how things change when words are said. I told him exactly how I felt about it. I'm not a fence sitter and when someone acts like they didn't know what they did was wrong; I'll be the first to tell them their full of it.

According to him they were really only going if they were in entire portfolios with other domains. Second he said IDNs have no interest. When he said otherwise on his talk radio show and is including .gd with huge reserves and .mobi which is all speculation that didn't sell at the last auction, and some just really awful domains in general.

I have no problem listening to what he has to say but frankly he's already said it.

Professionalism comes from their side too when they said IDNs will be included then pulling the rug out from underneath them at the last second with no notice and saying "We'll there's no interest." What?

zfreud[/B]]

You're fooling yourself if you think companies haven't figured this out. Do you think companies like this aren't getting ready for IDNs? http://比較.com/ Check out their ovt with ext. There will be massive ad campaigns going on as soon as the majority can access them via their browser.

Giant
23rd February 2007, 05:14 PM
My advice to everyone here is to keep this in perspective. T.R.A.F.F.I.C. is a decidedly North American phenomenon. For the most part you are dealing with domainers from the USA so it is not surprising to find a total lack of cultural awareness.

Very good advice. That's why I don't pay much attention at TRAFFICS, and I don't even care. Let them decide what's good for ASCII domainers themselves.

The reality is that in the near future demand for most IDN domains will originate outside of the USA. T.R.A.F.F.I.C. Is unlikely to ever play a part in brokering that demand. So who cares what they think?

exactly.

I personally know of numerous four and five figure IDN transactions that never made DNJournal.

I believe you :-).

bwhhisc
23rd February 2007, 05:16 PM
Professionalism comes from their side too when they said IDNs will be included then pulling the rug out from underneath them at the last second with no notice and saying "We'll there's no interest." What?

My email to him was after your earlier post, and he responded probably 30 minutes later. Lets give it a chance
without trying to prejudge what will or won't happen.

none would make the live auction tho

I learned long ago to "never say never". Monte has been given a reminder that over the past year a good number of idns have sold for amounts in the xx,xxx amounts. I also know of a good few more in those ranges that did not go to DNJ. All options are probably still open at this point so lets give it a few days to see how things shake out.

sarcle
23rd February 2007, 05:22 PM
My email to him was after your earlier post, and he responded probably 30 minutes later. Lets give it a chance and see what happens without trying to prejudge what will or won't happen.

No, I don't doubt that, but my email was immediately wrote back to him when I recieved it. And I will hear them out.

domainguru
23rd February 2007, 05:22 PM
My email to him was after your earlier post, and he responded probably 30 minutes later. Lets give it a chance and see what happens without trying to prejudge what will or won't happen.

Never say never. I think we have reminded them that a good number of idns have sold in the xx,xxx amounts. I also know of a good few that did not go to DNJ.

But how many have sold for xx,xxx to the ASCII TRAFFIC crowd? I believe the audience is elsewhere.

sarcle
23rd February 2007, 05:24 PM
But how many have sold for xx,xxx to the ASCII TRAFFIC crowd? I believe the audience is elsewhere.

And it most likely is. But they promised us a chance and then at the last moment straddled the fence and took back everything they said.

domainguru
23rd February 2007, 05:29 PM
And it most likely is. But they promised us a chance and then at the last moment straddled the fence and took back everything they said.

yep, not arguing about that. If they have behaved badly, they have behaved badly.

touchring
23rd February 2007, 06:14 PM

Rick don't like us. Ever since.... :( :(

Rubber Duck
23rd February 2007, 07:22 PM
I have decided to let things ride this time.

I have given Monte a chance to see what he can prove, and I gave TRAFFICS the benefit of the doubt. I will give them that chance.

I have no doubts that I shall be severely disappointed with the outcome, but hell it is not me that is going to have to start out with credibility at zero with everything to prove. Fortunately, I have put realistic reserves on my domains so the potential damage is limited.

The way things are riding this time, I shall not be jumping in again in hurry, unless I am pleasantly surprised. I shall also be watching every move and will be prepared to check into the legality of anything that appear to be extremely dubious. Some seem to think that domaining is outside the legal frame of reference. Events will no doubt soon prove otherwise.

bwhhisc
23rd February 2007, 08:34 PM

Yes, but I don't think you have to "be there in person" to participate. Is that correct?

And if that is the case, there might be some IDNers interested in some of the domains up for sale.

sarcle
23rd February 2007, 08:48 PM
Yes, but I don't think you have to "be there in person" to participate. Is that correct?

And if that is the case, there might be some IDNers interested in some of the domains up for sale.

Well, still waiting for "his" folks to start visiting the forums. I just recieved the "official" email of the entire list. Which just proves that IDNs were of no consideration during this entire process. People are allowed to make a vote on what makes the live auction, how are they supposed to do that when IDNs aren't even listed?

Second if IDNs aren't on this list how are domainers supposed to know anything about them or do any sort of research before the auction itself?

Here's the email I just recieved.

Moniker is pleased to announce the master domain inventory list for the upcoming Live and Silent Domain Auctions at T.R.A.F.F.I.C. West in Las Vegas, March 5-8, 2007. This list is subject to changes.
At this time, you may review the complete list of domains (https://marketplacepro.moniker.com/auction/index.html) to see if your domain(s) were selected. From this master list, Moniker will select the top names to be included in the exciting Live Domain Auction on March 7. A preliminary Live Auction list will be posted in the next day or so. The final list will be determined by the indication of interest from attendees to the T.R.A.F.F.I.C. Conference in addition to domain quality, reserve price, and relevant statistics. The Silent Auction will run from March 6 - 14, and will contain the very best names available plus any names that do not sell in the Live event.

Last time I checked IDNs are supported by excel so why would they need a different format to make sure these domains are on this list?

Anyways still waiting to hear Moniker out.

Lmg67
24th February 2007, 01:22 AM
Hi,
I submitted 125+ domain names, majority were IDN. (None of my ASCIIs made it.) I submitted what I believe are some top-level IDNs. You can tell me if you disagree. Most of them I only priced from $1-5,000, which I think is too cheap for some. Here's a sampling:

xn--moteurderecherch-qqb.com (moteurderecherché.com) - SearchEngine.com, French

xn--mgbtf8fl.tv (سوريا.tv)
Syria.tv, Arabic

xn--4dbdgfab0a7a5g.com (מזגהאוויר.com)
Weather.com, Hebrew

xn--6dbglb4a3ci.com (גירושין.com)
Divorce.com, Hebrew

xn--5dbiejpy3a4bf.com (חבילתנופש.com)
VacationPackage.com, Hebrew

xn--6dbbfcoebbugob6hrci.com (מצלמותדיגיטליות.com)
DigitalCameras.com, Hebrew

xn--informan-j2a23a.com (informační.com)
Information.com, Czech

xn--vkg.com (ẩ.com)
Single letter a.com, in Vietnamese

xn--finans-1nb.com (finansų.com)
Finance.com in Latvian

Appétit.com
Appetite.com in French

ImmobilienFürth.com
FurthRealEstate.com in German (Furth = major German city)
(Submitted same one with city of Dusseldorf)

Europäischen.com
European.com in German

ва.com
2-letter Russian domain

ελληνική.net
Greek.net in Greek

RésidencesParis.com
ParisResidences.com in French

Webカメラ.net
WebCam.net in Japanese

Xīzàng.com
Tibet.com in Chinese Pinyan

♂sex♂.com
(Gay) sex.com with symbols

♀♀.net
(Lesbian).net with symbols

+ lots more....

sarcle
24th February 2007, 01:56 AM
Hi,
I submitted 125+ domain names, majority were IDN. (None of my ASCIIs made it.) I submitted what I believe are some top-level IDNs. You can tell me if you disagree. Most of them I only priced from $1-5,000, which I think is too cheap for some.

No need to worry those didn't make it either unless you just got an email from them. Seems they are "outsourcing" now.

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/9394-wtf-is-this-from-moniker.html

Also, I thought they were trying to stay away from TMs? Top Generics? Wasn't that the whole spiel?

I see a huge infringement that made it.

Miniclip.us (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/9394-wtf-is-this-from-moniker.html) - 1k-5k. There are three live trademarks on it. Most notably for "ON-LINE COMPUTER GAMES" Guess what the owner has it parked under. You guessed it. Online games. Hm...