PDA

View Full Version : .asia - take advantage?

Wot
23rd February 2007, 09:31 AM
Your opinions please. Not an IDN story - yet!

Whatever you may think of the extension there will probably be a rush of pre regs/ landrush for .asia.

I have my own reseller at Domains.fm which will probably be able to offer .asia when the time comes.

I also own DomainRegistration.jp which will probably get a spin off , maybe. And the killer - AsiaDomainName.com which is already picking up fair traffic and will no doubt accelerate nearer launch time.

My question is- " should I take advantage of those names and the traffic they will likely bring by opening up for , and promoting, pre and post .asia registrations?

Or- should I just set up an affiliate and avoid all the hassle?

Or - neither of the above because somebody has a better idea?

Cheers,

Wot

Fka200
23rd February 2007, 11:17 AM
Wot, IMO take advantage in anyway you see best fit. This is still a business at the end of the day.

MDM
23rd February 2007, 01:01 PM
Your opinions please. Not an IDN story - yet!

Whatever you may think of the extension there will probably be a rush of pre regs/ landrush for .asia.

I have my own reseller at Domains.fm which will probably be able to offer .asia when the time comes.

I also own DomainRegistration.jp which will probably get a spin off , maybe. And the killer - AsiaDomainName.com which is already picking up fair traffic and will no doubt accelerate nearer launch time.

My question is- " should I take advantage of those names and the traffic they will likely bring by opening up for , and promoting, pre and post .asia registrations?

Or- should I just set up an affiliate and avoid all the hassle?

Or - neither of the above because somebody has a better idea?

Cheers,

Wot

Where and when .asia names can be registered?

blastfromthepast
23rd February 2007, 01:28 PM
These kinds of rhetorical questions get asked by Wot to show off his domains, he's not looking for a yes, no, answer.

Wot
23rd February 2007, 11:33 PM
These kinds of rhetorical questions get asked by Wot to show off his domains, he's not looking for a yes, no, answer.

Not correct - I was asking advice from my peers who have more experience than I, if that is how you feel there really is no need to respond in this way- or do you have some other agenda? :rolleyes:

mdw
24th February 2007, 01:12 AM
.....And the killer - AsiaDomainName.com which is already picking up fair traffic and will no doubt accelerate nearer launch time......

If you have some spare change for a marketing campaign I would certainly try to attract some people to reg .asia domains with your company at this domain.

Having said this I wonder why post on an IDN forum? Dot asia is gonna be an ASCII rollout!

Wot
24th February 2007, 01:20 AM
If you have some spare change for a marketing campaign I would certainly try to attract some people to reg .asia domains with your company at this domain.

Having said this I wonder why post on an IDN forum? Dot asia is gonna be an ASCII rollout!

Initial launch yes - and I did illustrate that with the first line of the post "Your opinions please. Not an IDN story - yet!"