PDA

View Full Version : Service fixes

Olney
24th February 2007, 07:01 AM
This week I got to go to the launch of Omniture Japan. This is a major statistics program that many global corporate sites use. At the reception party I was lucky to get to talk with the technical director (the guys who actually heads development of all the software). Since he was in Tokyo I might as well tell him about adding IDN compatibility to the software.

He actually heard years ago about things going Unicode but then it just dropped off the face of the earth. Anyway we exchanged business cards & I explained what the current situation is with IDNs. Most companies do have to be reminded. They have heard about IDNs but it's sometime forgotten.

The goal is to have them make the statistics with the URLs in Unicode instead of punycode.

I suggest if you use a corporate product & it could be upgraded, email them. Most likely they'll listen if they can get examples of implementation.

domainguru
24th February 2007, 10:14 AM
This week I got to go to the launch of Omniture Japan. This is a major statistics program that many global corporate sites use. At the reception party I was lucky to get to talk with the technical director (the guys who actually heads development of all the software). Since he was in Tokyo I might as well tell him about adding IDN compatibility to the software.

He actually heard years ago about things going Unicode but then it just dropped off the face of the earth. Anyway we exchanged business cards & I explained what the current situation is with IDNs. Most companies do have to be reminded. They have heard about IDNs but it's sometime forgotten.

The goal is to have them make the statistics with the URLs in Unicode instead of punycode.

I suggest if you use a corporate product & it could be upgraded, email them. Most likely they'll listen if they can get examples of implementation.

"Dropped off the face of the earth" is an interesting comment on ICANN's "performance" since 2000.

burnsinternet
24th February 2007, 10:48 AM
Thanks, Olney.