PDA

View Full Version : Plenty of killer names still avail...

xxbossmanxx
25th February 2007, 05:08 PM
Hey all,

I have been back into idns since almost giving up 4 years ago. All I have heard over and over from people here is that all the good stuff is gone.

This is not true. I have been picking up some real nice stuff on a daily basis, Stuff like all the major card games were still available, I have regged stuff like omaha.com stud.com poker.com and more recently.

Today I regged this russian one: питания.com

This appears to be feed.com or mean source or something, anybody care to translate better?

At any rate take a look at the yandex with 460k!! isnt 460k a good name? I think so. I find these daily and have another 50 with 300k+ yandex

Drewbert
25th February 2007, 05:25 PM
питания

Appears to be something to do with power supplies, so maybe it is "source".

But US OVT suggests it's seldom used by itself.

blastfromthepast
25th February 2007, 08:05 PM
Not in the right gammatical form to stand alone.

xxbossmanxx
25th February 2007, 08:09 PM
We are talking about keywords here. This is the main keyword that is in the search thus enabling it to get ranked well. Right?

This is the same stuff everybody is doing, keyworded search stuff. Type in names are a whole other deal.

mulligan
25th February 2007, 08:11 PM
I think you will find Russian to be a lot more difficult than it seems.

EDIT: And many of those 300K wordstat words are still available for a reason

sarcle
25th February 2007, 08:23 PM
We are talking about keywords here. This is the main keyword that is in the search thus enabling it to get ranked well. Right?

This is the same stuff everybody is doing, keyworded search stuff. Type in names are a whole other deal.

For Japanese this is working well. Isn't going the same for Russian. Yahoo seems to be handing out rankings quite liberally to IDN which is the Japanese preferred search engine. Russian terms however are having a hell of a time, if at all getting indexed by Yandex, which is Russia's preferred search engine.

I'd like to hear if anyone has had any luck with good rankings or even being listed at all in Yandex because I'm having a heck of a time.

blastfromthepast
25th February 2007, 08:37 PM
.com and .net are not well indexed in general by Yandex, unless you pay a fee.
AdSense style sites are not indexed by Yandex.
Directory-type sites are not indexed by Yandex.
Punycode is always shown by Yandex, and management has been on the record as being against IDNs being included.

sarcle
25th February 2007, 10:03 PM
.com and .net are not well indexed in general by Yandex, unless you pay a fee.
AdSense style sites are not indexed by Yandex.
Directory-type sites are not indexed by Yandex.
Punycode is always shown by Yandex, and management has been on the record as being against IDNs being included.

Yeah, I've been wondering about many of these issues. I see Yandex playing catch up in the near future to Google.

Yandex has been on the record against IDN, but IDN.ru is a real possiblity in the near future. Google already has this problem solved.

Google just opened up a massive Adsense center in Russia. I see a lot of advertisers leaving Yandex if Google can give them some great rates.

Also .com .net, directory sites no problems with Google either.

Anyone see a shift if Google tries hard enough and does some massive advertising in Russia? They definately have a much larger bankroll than Yandex does to play with.

Just curious what some people with Russian ties think.

Drewbert
25th February 2007, 10:12 PM
Yandex might be forced to change it's policy regarding IDN, just to stop the Google juggernaut from rolling over the top of it.

sarcle
25th February 2007, 10:15 PM
Yandex might be forced to change it's policy regarding IDN, just to stop the Google juggernaut from rolling over the top of it.

Yes but I'm wondering also about their apparent discrimination against the .com and .net as well.

Rubber Duck
25th February 2007, 10:36 PM
Personally I think Yandex is in deep deep trouble.

Baidu has recognised that even the Chinese Market is not big enough, you need to be a global player, which is why they are now taking it to Yahoo in Japan. It is only a matter of time before Baidu starts addressing Western Search Markets.

Yandex is in a time warp.

sarcle
25th February 2007, 10:39 PM
Baidu has recognized that even the Chinese Market is not big enough, you need to be a global player, which is why they are now taking it to Yahoo in Japan.

That's another topic that's going to be huge I think. I've been reading news stories on this. Baidu is going to take no prisoner's and their spiders lately have been hitting my Japanese Sites quite regularly. No major results yet but we'll see how it goes.

Rubber Duck
25th February 2007, 10:47 PM
That's another topic that's going to be huge I think. I've been reading news stories on this. Baidu is going to take no prisoner's and their spiders lately have been hitting my Japanese Sites quite regularly. No major results yet but we'll see how it goes.

It is only to be expected that Chinese Companies will start to flex their muscles. They have the biggest Mobile User base already and will soon have the largest Broadband User base. Their ascendency to the rank of the World No 1 Economy will happen sooner than most people think.

Some will of the expansion will be due organic growth. Some will be due to the Chinese counting stuff that makes up a significant portion of the US GDP which China has to date neglected, much will be due to a rapid appreciation of the Yuan, and on a relative basis the rest will be made up from a decline in US currency not just against the Yuan but across the board and possibly even a contraction in the US economy itself as the shockwaves of the global realignments filter through.

yanni
25th February 2007, 11:02 PM
Yandex is in a time warp.

So is Rambler.

They're too "nationalistic" to be in this game.

blastfromthepast
25th February 2007, 11:20 PM
They're too "nationalistic" to be in this game.

Quite the opposite. Being nationalisitic means supporting the native writing system.

bwhhisc
25th February 2007, 11:21 PM

The word you have registered needs to be used in combination with another word.
Can you explain to us noobs about how you use these for SEO purposes.
Also, I think Blast was pointing out the term will not be a good website "title" as a stand alone.

yanni
26th February 2007, 01:24 AM
Being nationalisitic means supporting the native writing system.

Being nationalistic means that they're excluding content which could be relevant to a surfer, mainly because said content resides on a "foreign" tld.

As far as supporting the native writing system, you yourself mentioned earlier that they're on record against idn, as the case seems to be. So that blows the above remark to bits.

Working a medium such as the internet, being "nationalistic" in most any form, is a one way ticket to oblivion. Especially for a search engine.

blastfromthepast
26th February 2007, 01:41 AM
Many sites in .ru have also complained of sudden dissapearances from Yandex until payment is made.