PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed : auction at multiple places

Pete
2nd March 2007, 05:46 PM
Hello,

I intend to place an IDN domain for auction next week.

Sedo, Afternic, Idnforums and DNforums are the main locations I found for that.
Any other market that support IDNs I should try ?

Is it a good thing to auction a domain concurrently at many places to start with ?

Cheers

P.

domainstosell
2nd March 2007, 06:00 PM
Well, most rules only allow you to have an auction going in one place...

Good luck!

Pete
2nd March 2007, 06:03 PM
Tanx.

I thought I had seen earllier domains auctioned here with the mention that they were also listed on DNforums and Sedo.
So between Sedo and Aftenic, is there one that you would recommend?

IDNCowboy
2nd March 2007, 06:09 PM
Tanx.

I thought I had seen earllier domains auctioned here with the mention that they were also listed on DNforums and Sedo.
So between Sedo and Aftenic, is there one that you would recommend?
If they're Asian domains avoid both and use a forum.

yanni
2nd March 2007, 06:21 PM
You can have the domain listed for sale with Sedo and place it on auction here and other forums. But, if you start an auction with Sedo, then you would be oblidged to sell through them.

And, like IDNcowboy mentioned, if it is a non latin-based IDN, it can't be sold thru Sedo. Afternic, yes.

I would suggest getting your feet wet here, dnlocal.com, dnforum.com, namepros.com and domainstate.com.

Good Luck!

blastfromthepast
2nd March 2007, 06:28 PM
The best way to get the best price is not to sell.

Forget about Sedo, Afternic, and Moniker. As far as IDNs are concerned, these big players are jokers.

bwhhisc
3rd March 2007, 12:53 AM
If you are having an auction it is best to stick to one forum.

For sales of IDN, many do list on multiple forums but you need to make sure you always tell buyers the following:
1) This sale is a multi forum post
2) Winner will be determined by timestamp

That makes it clear who is the winner if you get a buyer on 2 different forums at close times.
Also, you need to check your auction sites frequently as well in this case and close out once you get your sale.

Nothing po's buyers more than spending time to do research on a name that has already been "sold" on another forum.

Wot
3rd March 2007, 01:01 AM
If you have a name on say ebay then most forums will allow you to use the auctions "external links " section.

That is all links going to the same auction location whether it be ebay , sedo or wherever. Most forums do not like links to other forums so be careful.

As already mentioned , asian idns- forget Sedo and probably Afternic at this time- put it here.

Pete
5th March 2007, 09:45 PM
Thanx for all the advice.

The word is non-asian and sports-related.
I'll try to get your opinions/appraisal here in a couple of days, maybe do a one-day auction here as well and if it doesn't sell, put it on Sedo with external linking, like suggested.

The selling around here puzzles me a bit; prices are either around 40$, or 4000$ with no visible takers (PM?), with not much in the middle.

P.

blastfromthepast
5th March 2007, 09:51 PM
The fastest way is to post it on the forum and see if you can get a sale. Study previous sales threads first or go boldly where no IDN domainer has gone before.

bwhhisc
5th March 2007, 10:33 PM
Thanx for all the advice.
The word is non-asian and sports-related.
I'll try to get your opinions/appraisal here in a couple of days, maybe do a one-day auction here as well and if it doesn't sell, put it on Sedo with external linking, like suggested.
The selling around here puzzles me a bit; prices are either around 40$, or 4000$ with no visible takers (PM?), with not much in the middle.
P.

I think the better terms have done much better on an auction format.

Once there are a few interested buyers you may get the best price, or at least know the IDNF market value.

My advice- hold your IDN for another year so you aren't kicking yourself for
selling out cheap and seeing it flip for 10x the amount this time next year.