PDA

View Full Version : Domainsite: Sorry, Your domain name has expired on 0000-00-00 00:00:00

Drewbert
2nd March 2007, 10:14 PM
"Sorry, Your domain name has expired on 0000-00-00 00:00:00"

Who else has names with this problem at domainsite?

Surely, the proper fix for this is for them to go through their database and fix the fucking problem globally, rather than expect all their customers to manually COMPLAIN, before they'll fix it on a customer-by-customer basis?

Can one of you guys that has a hotline to the domainsite head honchos get some movement on this?

xxbossmanxx
2nd March 2007, 10:16 PM
I made a post about domansite issues, nobody responded to it.

mdw
3rd March 2007, 04:14 AM
I think it's fine as long as they're willing to at least wave all renewal fees. After all, who's to say they didn't log your renewal payments to the same blackhole database as the expiration dates?

Fka200
3rd March 2007, 04:18 AM
After all, who's to say they didn't log your renewal payments to the same blackhole database as the expiration dates?

LOL, at least something worth reading on the board today! Forums been dead today

Drewbert
3rd March 2007, 04:20 AM
Only problem is, you can't change any settings on those domains.

Can't change DNS

Can't unlock them to move them to a Registrar that DOESn't think database administration is voodoo.

They're stuck until a neuron fires somewhere at domainsite and someone figures out a global fix is the best idea.

xxbossmanxx
3rd March 2007, 07:31 AM
Ya, im getting pissed, i cant set nameserves either

touchring
3rd March 2007, 08:48 AM
The Registerflies saga gives me jitters when i think about my names at DS. I think DS outsources it's development and support - this is not a good strategy, especialyl when your core registration database and payment system is also outsourced.

Customer $$$ at stake. It's not just a adsense minisite or forum!

Bimbo
3rd March 2007, 09:19 AM
Who else has names with this problem at domainsite?

No pbm for me at DS. (+200 domains)

But, pbm with their bulk lock/unlock.
They can unlock your domain, or lock don't work, so you had to check them one by one , grrrr...
Dynadot is the best for me.

bwhhisc
3rd March 2007, 12:14 PM
No pbm for me at DS. (+200 domains)
But, pbm with their bulk lock/unlock.
They can unlock your domain, or lock don't work, so you had to check them one by one , grrrr...
Dynadot is the best for me.

Access the site via Firefox and the bulk lock/unlock should work.
Other problems, all I can tell you from my experience is to email and get hooked up with one of their customer service reps.
All in all, they have been really good to respond and followup.

ANOTHER DOMAINSITE MYSTERY:
I also have this domain I purchased recently: 東京.ws (tokyo.ws) that displays at Domainsite as xn--1lqs71d.ws (臨東京)
(punycode is correct) but the unicode has an extra character, and no extension. Here is response from Domainsite rep:

QUOTE FROM DOMAINSITE: "I was able to find the difference you brought to our attention with regards to xn--1lqs71d.ws. This is very strange. I will contact our development team and Verisign to determine why there is no extension for xn--1lqs71d.ws and why an extra character has been added". END QUOTE

Anyone else seen anything like this?

Drewbert
4th March 2007, 03:35 AM
Here's another new bug they've caught.

Try editing anything for a .tv domain there.

You get a screen of repetitive

Warning: fgets(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /usr/local/apache2/shared-registrar/common-reg-functions/classes/DomainStatus.php on line 76

Warning: feof(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /usr/local/apache2/shared-registrar/common-reg-functions/classes/DomainStatus.php on line 74

error messages, that just keep on coming! Ever expanding web page full of them!

"shared-registrar" doesn't make me feel very comfortable either!

blastfromthepast
4th March 2007, 04:20 AM
All .TV domains show up as junk unicode in my account, but the Punycode looks OK.

mdw
4th March 2007, 05:19 AM
I have no 0000-00-00 00:00:00 expiration issues, but now that I check, I cannot do anything with the few .TV domains I have there. Tried unlocking then locking all domains just for the heck of it, but it did not help. Not good :mad:

mulligan
4th March 2007, 05:48 AM
Thats wierd, I have none of the issues you guys are having. No dodgy expiration dates, no gobbley gook code and my .tv's are showing up fine in unicode and punycode (Though I emailed them about 10 months ago about .tv unicode being screwed up)

Drewbert
4th March 2007, 06:28 AM
What happens if you scroll down to your list of domains, and click on one of the .tv ones?

bwhhisc
4th March 2007, 12:36 PM
What happens if you scroll down to your list of domains, and click on one of the .tv ones?

Just a side note that domainsite charges $39.95 for .tv,

idotz.net charges $29.95 to register a .tv