PDA

View Full Version : ページ.net

gari
15th February 2006, 07:15 PM
Hi Idners,

I registered this name the other day because i got some very interesting results back.

Yahoo.com 777,000,000
Yahoo.co.jp 790,000,000
Google.jp 95,100,000
Google.com 350,000,000
OVT 2217
UVbid 9Yen
IASK 153,000 (local Japanese search engine, powered by Sina.com)

Please let me know what you guy's think.

Regards

Gari

touchring
15th February 2006, 07:19 PM
Sina.com is from China. To differentiate Chinese and Japanese, look for Kana (angular and simplified strokes) that is found in the latter.

gari
15th February 2006, 07:32 PM
Touchring,
Thanks for the correction. Sina is a Chinese search engine, my mistake, but what do you think to the name.

Regards

Gari

touchring
15th February 2006, 07:40 PM
The translation is 'page', but more investigation is needed to check if this is a primary term.

My criteria for registering any domain is in the commercial value (preferably a big business domain) - OVT doesn't really matter as long as the term is widely used. Take for example, the "building.com" i registered - it has an OVT of only 3969.

alex
16th February 2006, 07:10 AM
The translation is 'page', but more investigation is needed to check if this is a primary term.

It is a widely used term in the same way as the English term. "Page 1, Page 2" and "homepage" for example. In some cases, the alternate native term may be more prevalent.

The search results are obviously inflated because it is primarily used in compounds with other words It's debatable how many people would type in "page" alone without another word in a compound.

Rubber Duck
16th April 2006, 08:06 AM

My criteria for registering any domain is in the commercial value (preferably a big business domain) - OVT doesn't really matter as long as the term is widely used. Take for example, the "building.com" i registered - it has an OVT of only 3969.

I agree with Touchring. My main criteria these days is whether it gets Google Adwords, and then what the bid is on the Overture Bid Tool. Only then do I consider the search results. I have noticed it is possilbe to get Google Adwords with very few if any Google search results. The Adwords, however, are indicative that someone will pay to have that term.