PDA

View Full Version : Help with redemption period

dusty
3rd March 2007, 06:33 PM
This the first time I missed a renew (that I know of). The information is below. Am I in trouble here?

Registrar: GKG.NET, INC.
Status: REDEMPTIONPERIOD [expired, past registrar grace period]
Dates: Created 04-feb-2006 Updated 19-feb-2007 Expires 04-feb-2007
DNS Servers: NS3.GKG.NET NS4.GKG.NET

"Please complete this form if you would like to request that GKG restore your deleted domain. The following requirements
must be met:
1) Your domain must have been deleted within the last 30 days; however; the processing of this form may take up to
two weeks. Therefore, we request that you provide this amount of processing time.
2) Send money order or cashier’s check to GKG.NET in the amount of $80 USD."

domainguru
3rd March 2007, 06:40 PM
This the first time I missed a renew (that I know of). The information is below. Am I in trouble here?

Registrar: GKG.NET, INC.
Status: REDEMPTIONPERIOD [expired, past registrar grace period]
Dates: Created 04-feb-2006 Updated 19-feb-2007 Expires 04-feb-2007
DNS Servers: NS3.GKG.NET NS4.GKG.NET

"Please complete this form if you would like to request that GKG restore your deleted domain. The following requirements
must be met:
1) Your domain must have been deleted within the last 30 days; however; the processing of this form may take up to
two weeks. Therefore, we request that you provide this amount of processing time.
2) Send money order or cashier’s check to GKG.NET in the amount of $80 USD."

Not if you pay them the $80, otherwise kiss the name goodbye.

Fka200
3rd March 2007, 06:41 PM
Yep, pay up and keep ur domain.

dusty
3rd March 2007, 06:44 PM
Is there a difference between redemption period and deleted?

It says it takes them two weeks to process. If redemption and deleted are the same then there is only about 3 days left.

touchring
3rd March 2007, 06:46 PM
Hi, does a domain enter redemption 1 day after expiring?

Fka200
3rd March 2007, 06:49 PM
Is there a difference between redemption period and deleted?

It says it takes them two weeks to process. If redemption and deleted are the same then there is only about 3 days left.

Pending Delete = You lost your change. You're SOL and it will drop and go to Snap

Bimbo
3rd March 2007, 07:24 PM
Pending Delete = You lost your change. You're SOL and it will drop and go to Snap

except for extensions snap don't take (ws, es, fr, tv...)

Fka200
3rd March 2007, 07:41 PM
except for extensions snap don't take (ws, es, fr, tv...)

ooo thanks for the correction, forgot that part ;)

Giant
3rd March 2007, 09:36 PM
1 month + 7 days? after expiry, the domain will fall into "Redemption" (Registrars have the option to make it sooner). RedemptionPeriod is about a month, followed by PendingDelete = 6 days.

$80 to get the name back in RedemptionPeriod is not expensive. You should do it right away if the name is valuable.

Rubber Duck
3rd March 2007, 09:49 PM

Not normally. The Registrar Hold Period is entered on deletion. After that it goes to Redemption where is theory it is returned to the Register. In practice it is often still with the Registrar and destined for Snap, they do, however, normally mirror that process. However, as the Registrar is going to be a beneficary of the Snaps Action, be prepared to hear them offering all kinds of lame excuses on a valuable domain.

Read the TOS for your specific Registar, they vary quite a bit and so do durations of Registar Hold. Redemptions should be standard.

Try not to let valuable domains expire!

keywords2
4th March 2007, 11:08 AM
I noticed that Register.com change the nameservers to "expireddomains" and send the name over to Snapnames on day 1 after expiry. The auction starts 30 days later but the actual status in whois doesn't change to redemption period.

bwhhisc
4th March 2007, 12:23 PM
I think that ENOM will give you an extra 30 days grace period. I have on two occasions purchases "expired" domains, and once seller renewed they allowed the transfer without penalty. It is a shame ENOM customer service is lacking.