PDA

View Full Version : Drop Lists.

sarcle
23rd October 2005, 09:40 AM
Does anyone know where there is a good IDN drop list service. Thanks ahead of time.

Olney
23rd October 2005, 10:54 AM
I don't use a service per say what I do is find a drop site that list IDNs too. hardly anyone looks at domain names starting with x.
Then you have to sift through them.

This is the way I found
髪.com kami translation hair
AdultVideo
ooloncha.com popular Japanese tea in Japan

These were all drops & the first ones I actually purchased were dropped & no one noticed.
I personall think by me making the site I did stiffen up competition but I already have about 10 gems 5 of them being top industry keywords.

So it just takes time to go through tons of list even if you know read Japanese it's still manual work.

We also aren't the only ones. I was waiting for Anime for 3 weeks & the same day keitai (cell phone) was going to be available.
Someone snatched it up 2 hours after it was available.

We are not alone...

Rubber Duck
23rd October 2005, 11:38 AM
If you look at X under Pool Drop list, there are loads of dropping domains.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

sarcle
23rd October 2005, 11:48 AM
Thanks you guys.

Rubber Duck
23rd October 2005, 12:55 PM
Thanks you guys.

Please note, that although these are listed as drops neither Pool or Snapnames to my knowledge work for IDN. Note the drop date and get in there and register them manually after 10AM West Coast Time. Save yourself $50!

Lot of crap there. Just sort out some short dot coms. Avoid those in long lists of similar looking punycode, probably just been registered using shot gun. Choose something that looks distinctive. Chuck into Domainsite to obtain Unicode, if it is Korean, forget it, as there has been so much rubbish registered. Throw the Unicode into Google, ignoring anthing under a couple of Million. If still good then use Overture. Good score there, check translation using Google Language Tool. Still on track put it on your drop list the date that Pool give you!

Best of Luck
Dave Wrixon

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

sarcle
23rd October 2005, 01:09 PM
Yeah. Thanks. There wouldn't be anyway that I would back order one unless it had completely stellar stats.

I did find a few that had already expired with screaming ovt. The only thing my translator is giving a weird translation, it has good google results, and killer ovt. The definition is what is killing me. It's a korean name haven't bought one yet so I thought I would diversify. The ovt is 500,000 so I will register it anyway for 9 dollars what's the worst that can happen? ???

Rubber Duck
23rd October 2005, 01:42 PM
Yeah. Thanks. There wouldn't be anyway that I would back order one unless it had completely stellar stats.

I did find a few that had already expired with screaming ovt. The only thing my translator is giving a weird translation, it has good google results, and killer ovt. The definition is what is killing me. It's a korean name haven't bought one yet so I thought I would diversify. The ovt is 500,000 so I will register it anyway for 9 dollars what's the worst that can happen? ???

A useful trick I have is to use the Google advanced search Tool.

In this case bung the Korean in, but ask for results in English. You can often then deduce the translation. Can also be good for finding translations that are not in the dictionary, such as City Names etc.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

sarcle
23rd October 2005, 01:58 PM
Well I found out why it was giving me bizarre results. You may want to read this thread and help my worries fad a little. Thread Link (http://www.idnforums.com/index.php/topic,100.0.html)