PDA

View Full Version : Enough IDN sales to justify weekly list?

sevent
15th February 2006, 11:24 PM
I was just emailing Ron of DNJournal and he doesn't think there are enough IDN sales each week to justify a special list just for those. What do you think? Anyone think they could come up with a list of dozens of decent IDN sales per week?

bramiozo
15th February 2006, 11:28 PM
Nope that's simply not possible because there are not enough sales yet and fabricating sales is not really my cup of tea ;) .

thegenius1
16th February 2006, 12:09 AM
Nope that's simply not possible because there are not enough sales yet and fabricating sales is not really my cup of tea ;) .

Reason Being is most people are holding , not Folding... they still could show us some love

sevent
16th February 2006, 01:44 AM
It seems like the IDN market isn't going to take off until more people are willing to sell for realistic prices. That brings more people into the market and when people see lots of sales there more likely to get in and then over time prices go up. It's what happened with LLL.com names.

If everyone with IDN is waiting and not selling prices may never go up because thee is no establised market....

Reason Being is most people are holding , not Folding... they still could show us some love

bwhhisc
16th February 2006, 02:04 AM
The demand will come when companies starting to brand in native scripts, and the internet goes mainstream international in each country. That itself will happen at different paces. It is still going to take some time to it all to develop, and if you have been reading threads in the forum you will see that many people are feeling that we are still anywhere from 2-5 years, maybe longer to see the really large returns. How long is still anyones guess.

Edwin
16th February 2006, 02:17 AM
Here are all the sales reported for 2006 so far by DNJournal.

übersetzer.de €19,500 Jan 2006 DNJ
fitnessgeräte.de €4,500 Feb 2006 DNJ
imobiliárias.com $3,000 Feb 2006 DNJ
blockhäuser.biz €2,000 Feb 2006 DNJ
kö.net €850 Feb 2006 DNJ

If anyone has other sources of confirmed IDN sales information, why not add to the above and we can get our own Top Sales chart going until the demand picks up...

thegenius1
16th February 2006, 02:19 AM
Here are all the sales reported for 2006 so far by DNJournal.

übersetzer.de €19,500 Jan 2006 DNJ
fitnessgeräte.de €4,500 Feb 2006 DNJ
imobiliárias.com $3,000 Feb 2006 DNJ
blockhäuser.biz €2,000 Feb 2006 DNJ
kö.net €850 Feb 2006 DNJ

If anyone has other sources of confirmed IDN sales information, why not add to the above and we can get our own Top Sales chart going until the demand picks up...

if you go to idntools.net they have a pretty leghtly sales chart

sarcle
16th February 2006, 02:25 AM
Bram is doing a great job of this at www.IDNtools.net (http://www.IDNtools.net)

But yes, the prices will go up as more users are able to navigate IDN enabled browsers.

Edwin
16th February 2006, 02:40 AM
Wow, I hadn't seen that sales chart before. Great job. On the basis of the information there I'd say there's enough for DNJournal to keep a Top IDN Sales list (already 12 sales over $1,000 in 2006, including 3 over $10,000 - that's not peanuts!)

Olney
16th February 2006, 05:27 AM
I think he just wants steady repeated sales for a while before adding it.
Truthfully IDN isn't exactly a household term yet.
We're close to getting listed as a domain resource too on his site.
He does supports what we're doing over here but just it has to still develop a bit.