PDA

View Full Version : Turn 2 CNBC ASAP

thegenius1
16th February 2006, 12:47 AM
Turn to CNBC ASAP this CEO is on there with is Idenity Protected, Telling about Google and the Internet in China...

IDNCowboy
16th February 2006, 01:17 AM
Turn to CNBC ASAP this CEO is on there with is Idenity Protected, Telling about Google and the Internet in China...
Yea but it's talking about censorship and not IDN's :(

alex
16th February 2006, 07:23 AM
They had an interview with the CEO of Baidu on the other day, on 'Managing China'.

thegenius1
16th February 2006, 07:32 AM
Quote from the hearings with google and the courts... " can you say you are ashamed of what you are doing " google " No " courts : " this is like helping the natzis in germany ect. " google lawyers " well its real simple, in order to do business there we must comply " News quote " the internet rate in china is Rapidly Rising:) common sense if you ask me.............

But on another note GOOD news for People surfing the web in china, Some Guy Created a Browser that allows you to surf " 100% anonymous " its called TOR pretty interesting.. they claim not even the secret police can infultrate it

sarcle
16th February 2006, 02:01 PM
Quote from the hearings with google and the courts... " can you say you are ashamed of what you are doing " google " No " courts : " this is like helping the natzis in germany ect. " google lawyers " well its real simple, in order to do business there we must comply " News quote " the internet rate in china is Rapidly Rising:) common sense if you ask me.............

That is just rediculous if that is a direct quote. How anyone can compare the censoring of a few terms versus the mass-murder of millions of people is hogwash.

IDNCowboy
16th February 2006, 03:27 PM
That is just rediculous if that is a direct quote. How anyone can compare the censoring of a few terms versus the mass-murder of millions of people is hogwash.
I don't think those quotes came right after each other.

Google is trying to say when it does business in a foreign nation it has to listen to the host gov't.