PDA

View Full Version : NameDrive - New Keyword Implementation

IDNer
5th March 2007, 08:46 AM
New Keyword Implementation

As of March 5th, 2007, NameDrive will involve our users more actively in keyword verification. As before, all newly-submitted keywords will be checked regularly by ND staff, but now you can see your keyword's status in the member area. By using the magnifier, you can preview a keyword's effectiveness without submitting a keyword change. Please remember to use keywords which are as relevant as possible.
NameDrive will now keep you updated on the status of your new keyword. By rolling over the keyword box, you can see your live keyword. The colour codes are as follows:

Green: - Live keyword, keyword approved.
Yellow: - Keyword submitted awaiting ND approval.
Red: - Keyword rejected. Please choose a more suitable keyword for your domain.

Remember to use the magnifying glass tool to preview domains before submitting a change. This will ensure that the keyword you submit for approval will be the best keyword for your domain. If you have submitted a keyword for approval, please do not change the keyword again as this will not be logged by the system until your first keyword has been approved.

mulligan
5th March 2007, 09:38 AM
So this means the advertisers are not getting targeted traffic and having to pay for it.

sarcle
5th March 2007, 11:36 AM
This means you can't change your keyword on the fly. They are doing the exact same thing Sedo does and one of the reasons I dropped Sedo. It's fine if my revenue goes up.

But the reason Namedrive was better; it showed you exactly what your visitors where looking for and allowed you to target them yourselves. I don't like it when parking companies tell me I can't sell what I want when my visitors are searching for it.

We'll wait and see if this has a positive or negative impact but in my Sedo account it did.

Olney
5th March 2007, 12:38 PM
Doing something like this might even increase the amount of really related ads in multiple languages.
For domainer owners it's a matter of your users
For the advertiser it's a matter of if the referral is bringing in conversions.
Not every region was used to seeing their referal stats bringing up parked domains.
Having a system check assures advertisers that the domain won't be
cup.com & have their loan ads
I'm not sure how they'll check so many languages though....

sarcle
5th March 2007, 01:44 PM
I'm willing to give Namedrive the benefit of the doubt on this and go with it. Since they've been great with development and know what they are doing inside and out.

But when Sedo did this with my names; it cut my revenue in half. Guess we'll see in the next week if there's an improvement or not won't we?

Drewbert
5th March 2007, 06:02 PM
I used to have problems with Fabulous's "keyword experts".

I'd stick an obscure domain into the correct category, and they'd immediately move it back to the WRONG catogory they THOUGHT was the right one.

In the end, I just moved the names out to somewhere else.