PDA

View Full Version : 傢具.hk (Chinese) Furniture

chinainvest
5th March 2007, 10:52 AM
傢具.hk meaning furniture (I hope)

Actually I pick this one up by mistake, when my translations got mixed up and thought I got finance, but it was actually furniture...weid. I do try but I never seem to nail the ones I am after.

Google 41,600,000 for 傢具

bramiozo
5th March 2007, 11:32 AM
Neither the hk overture nor the google trends suggest anything hopeful, I gave it a 3.

chinainvest
5th March 2007, 11:43 AM
Thank you, appreciate your vote.

Overture results are flaky and inflated. I would never rely on that data anyway. (Just my opinion)

I see this as a good branding name for a furniture manufacturing company in Honk Kong.

:)

sakillll
5th March 2007, 11:54 AM
do you can control 家具.hk ?
it is good if you can.

chinainvest
5th March 2007, 01:18 PM
I assume that you control both traditional and simplified names with .hk registrations like .cn. So yes I guess.

chinainvest
16th July 2007, 10:21 AM
Just to confirm I hold both versions.

傢具.HK
家具.HK

furniture is a keyword beyond what google terms trends.

Asiaplay
16th July 2007, 05:26 PM
I know of furniture vanishes made in Hong Kong (in a tin shed size company which is about to go under with low VOC requirements - means low solvent and environmentally friendly laws)... however long, long ago the last furniture factory moved to China.

So if you think coal from Newcastle is a good IDN to hold - then is a good purchase.

I wouldn't bother with it - but, maybe in 10 years time when most of Hong Kong has lost it's English ability... this will be good to sell to one of about 6 furniture chains that exist here (and now can only think of 4 furniture chains, that do today... wonder if Ikea would consider later.. doubt it since everything related to furniture will be available under .hk).

Hope comments are useful - cheers, Asiaplay

PS: if you have a strong furniture brand, which is Chinese based and targets Chinese sales more specifically in HK (then it maybe is useful as a marketing tool) - I am yet to test the theory, but when asked the HK Registrar, they told me that HK results (.hk domains) will only be indexed on HK search engine results... therefore, perhaps do not assume this name or extension will be useful in the Greater China region. :)

jacksonm
16th July 2007, 05:36 PM
however long, long ago the last furniture factory moved to China.

I believe about 90% of the world's furniture is manufactured in Guangdong.

Asiaplay
16th July 2007, 07:10 PM
Little over-stated (I would guess - and am guessing - about 40%)... but saying this, at the point China reaches the level suggested in this survey, the level you have suggested will be much closer to the truth.

At the moment (thank god) it isn't - as diversity and heritage type designs have a lot to offer.

Alas I did once have the idea to do carved western style cabinets in Zhongshan City, Guangdong (using Western woods) - not so much for the money, but for the artistic pleasure of it all... but alas I am getting tired of convincing people of ideas without the sales links in place.

But, real point of this IDN - might more be, will it even rank SE / SEO wise in China (outside of HK) - if what I have been told when asked the HKIR registar was true... answer is, it is fixed to SE results for Hong Kong... and I can not see people here buying furniture online (or even browsing it)... this is a retail shop based biz here.

Cheers - Asiaplay