PDA

View Full Version : What's the value of your best IDN?

seamo
8th March 2007, 11:16 AM
Take a guesstimate...

Biased opinions expected :p

Disclosure of actual domain not ;)

If you had to valuate your absolute best IDN right now in today's market - how much could it be worth to the right buyer?

Olney
8th March 2007, 12:02 PM
In today's market what I think I could sell my best domain for if I had contact with the top enduser company. The poll is a bit warped (sorry Seamo)
There's plenty of domains that I know users have worth more than $90,000 but I am unsure if I sell my best with current prices I could get $1,000,000 "today or this month"
Later I fully believe it's possible.
A partial portfolio acquisition I could see a million or more.

g
8th March 2007, 12:21 PM
what value you ask about?

True value
Fair value
Inherent value
Market value
snapnames auctions value
Future value
Traffic/Revenue value
Personal value

my names are worth more than money ......

they worth what efforts, hardwork, memories, experience, success and future plans are worth

there was a huge gap between offers and bids but it is decreasing and the market started to move on by snapnames auction bids.

Returning to the original question about the value of my best IDN

it is still cheap at 1,000,000$ ... lol :p

IDNCowboy
8th March 2007, 01:43 PM
more than the U.S. GDP

Fka200
8th March 2007, 01:56 PM
more than the U.S. GDP

LOL! Quote of the week for me

Rubber Duck
8th March 2007, 02:03 PM
I think you will find that in the coming weeks most credible sellers will lock down their portfolios. That is going to give a very significant jolt to an already unstable market. The consequence is that those that want to acquire specific names are going to soon have to pay similar prices to that you might for ASCII.

IDNCowboy
8th March 2007, 02:16 PM
I think you will find that in the coming weeks most credible sellers will lock down their portfolios. That is going to give a very significant jolt to an already unstable market. The consequence is that those that want to acquire specific names are going to soon have to pay similar prices to that you might for ASCII.
with all these garbage ascii names selling for high xx,xxx at traffic expect regular ascii names going up as well.

Its insane. We need more IDN portfolio buyers now.

touchring
8th March 2007, 03:45 PM
I don't know the value of my best idn. The value can only be calculated if the name is sold, and i don't think i'm going to sell my best names anytime soon.

jacksonm
8th March 2007, 06:43 PM
I don't know the value of my best idn. The value can only be calculated if the name is sold, and i don't think i'm going to sell my best names anytime soon.

Indeed. You can only set the value if you don't want to sell it. If you want to sell it, the market will set the value.

--
jacksonm

domainguru
8th March 2007, 06:48 PM
Indeed. You can only set the value if you don't want to sell it. If you want to sell it, the market will set the value.

--
jacksonm

The market always sets the value of anything. Simple economics.

jacksonm
8th March 2007, 07:01 PM
The market always sets the value of anything. Simple economics.

OK, if it's that black and white then please start an auction with what you perceive to be your best names :-)

Just joking :-) But you get my point.

--
jacksonm

domainguru
8th March 2007, 07:23 PM
OK, if it's that black and white then please start an auction with what you perceive to be your best names :-)

Just joking :-) But you get my point.

--
jacksonm

My point is simply that at whatever time you decide to sell your name, the market will choose the value, not you. Too many people labour under the (mis)apprehension that if they hold onto names for ages, they will be worth millions. That attitude has caused more than a few bankruptcies.

Rubber Duck
8th March 2007, 08:38 PM
My point is simply that at whatever time you decide to sell your name, the market will choose the value, not you. Too many people labour under the (mis)apprehension that if they hold onto names for ages, they will be worth millions. That attitude has caused more than a few bankruptcies.

The market very definitely sets the value of commodities, but domains are not commodities. By definition they are as individual as the End Users they we might seek to place them with.

Commodity prices are determined by supply and demand, but for items as individual domain names it is all about perception. They need to be placed with a buyer. Often buyers will be targeted and groomed for a particular domain. In some cases one or two individuals have understood this so well that they seek not only to hype their individual domains but manipulate the market as a whole.

If only it were as simple as economics.

domainguru
8th March 2007, 11:32 PM
The market very definitely sets the value of commodities, but domains are not commodities. By definition they are as individual as the End Users they we might seek to place them with.

Commodity prices are determined by supply and demand, but for items as individual domain names it is all about perception. They need to be placed with a buyer. Often buyers will be targeted and groomed for a particular domain. In some cases one or two individuals have understood this so well that they seek not only to hype their individual domains but manipulate the market as a whole.

If only it were as simple as economics.

Well let's presume for a minute very few of the domains sold by IDNF members are sold because of "market manipulation". That really just leaves the organization or individual making the highest offer in the next x years. That sounds like pretty simple economics to me.

Having said that, anyone seriously developing their domains has a major advantage when negotiating a price. They can say "this one is already producing XXX visitors and XXX income per month." Much better than X visitors and X income per month. The asking price will then have a rationale behind it, be higher, and much more likely be achieved.

Olney
9th March 2007, 12:01 AM
DG this is my future rational also.
Even with minimum development you can show potential end users that the domain is already attracting at least XXXX to XXXXXX amount of targeted uniques a month. That is without major development or advertising.
More stats the better... This is for those endusers who might not "get it".

burnsinternet
12th March 2007, 06:31 AM
Subjective? How does one back this up? I believe I have a million-plus dollar domain. It was one of my first. Can't prove the value, though.

irc
17th September 2008, 05:26 PM
In my heart,my best IDN is "中-国.com". Priceless treasure.:)

nicedn
30th September 2008, 04:22 PM
In my heart,my best IDN is "中-国.com". Priceless treasure.:)

yeah~I'm I very much agree with you

It's priceless treasure.

30th September 2008, 04:30 PM
бесценно.com - Priceless

sarcle
30th September 2008, 04:42 PM
And I wasn't going to use figures. Okay, 5 billion dollars!

IDNCowboy
30th September 2008, 05:39 PM
And I wasn't going to use figures. Okay, 5 billion dollars!

bastard ;-)
lucky man just renewed all his names for another year and probably left with some spare cash :P