PDA

View Full Version : Non Existing IDN's for sale

16th February 2006, 03:48 PM
Hi,

I came across regtime.net , a russian site claiming you can reg .org and .ru (as well as .com and .net) idn's all in russian including the extension.

Its pretty much selling a non existing product , i called them today and the lady answered didnt really know much of how to explain that (i speak russian so she did understand me)

did anyone see this before?

In addition, the russian "overture" is at Begun.ru and you can see some of theyre advertisers for keywords on top of rambler.ru search results

And last is...what do you guys think of идн.com (idn.com)

Regards,
Michael

IDNCowboy
16th February 2006, 03:55 PM
Hi,

I came across regtime.net , a russian site claiming you can reg .org and .ru (as well as .com and .net) idn's all in russian including the extension.

Its pretty much selling a non existing product , i called them today and the lady answered didnt really know much of how to explain that (i speak russian so she did understand me)

In addition, the russian "overture" is at Begun.ru and you can see some of theyre advertisers for keywords on top of rambler.ru search results

Regards,
Michael
Many sites are selling a fake .com in your native tounge which requires a plugin. You can get to them but only with that plugin installed.
Think about it as New.net a company that did the same things. It's not official by ICANN nor does ICANN support that company... Once ICANN introduces their own version of .com's in the native tounge we should see these kind of companies going belly up.

Giant
16th February 2006, 03:58 PM
Hi,

Regards,
Michael

If something does not exist is still worth something, then something already exists should worth even more. Why wait?

идн.com (idn.com) should be good, I guess.

16th February 2006, 04:15 PM
Jeff, If you will explain more about what exactly is the needed plugin for these domains to work?

Also if i understand correctly it will cause duplicate same domains...
i.e щ.com where plug in necessary and the normal punycode version...

Michael

touchring
16th February 2006, 04:20 PM
I think all idns require plugin, at least if you are using IE6.

The idn.ru you mentioned, are they in the format xn--xxxx.ru??

glow
17th February 2006, 03:24 AM
Hi,

regtime.net are providing to register russian IDN.IDN (.ком, .нет, .орг, .ру) domains through i-dns.net. It can be working only with their iClient plugin (not Verisign)