PDA

View Full Version : TDC has renewed their idns through 2008

IDNCowboy
12th March 2007, 03:51 AM
oh well hopes are up

thegenius1
12th March 2007, 03:53 AM
There was no way there were dropping when they have been demanding 7 figures for some of their IDN's.

alpha
12th March 2007, 05:23 AM
yes, I agree.

the two names i posted about (in the premium park) the whois has now changed back from:

Name Servers:
ns3.interimnameserver.com
ns4.interimnameserver.com

to:

Name Servers:
ns1.sedoparking.com
ns2.sedoparking.com

so it would seem the arrangement goes something like this:

somehow there is an auto process where if one of their name hits the expiry date it slips into Snap territory, but if renewed it slips back again into non-Snap territory.

theres some odd stuff going on.

IDNCowboy
12th March 2007, 05:38 AM
yes, I agree.

the two names i posted about (in the premium park) the whois has now changed back from:

Name Servers:
ns3.interimnameserver.com
ns4.interimnameserver.com

to:

Name Servers:
ns1.sedoparking.com
ns2.sedoparking.com

so it would seem the arrangement goes something like this:

somehow there is an auto process where if one of their name hits the expiry date it slips into Snap territory, but if renewed it slips back again into non-Snap territory.

theres some odd stuff going on.
They probably had to think about it. Do we want to renew 15,000 IDN's for ANOTHER year? They probably just said F yeah instead of looking them up one by one for their value.

burnsinternet
12th March 2007, 06:06 AM
Too bad. It would have been fun to see those flood the market.

thefabfive
12th March 2007, 06:13 AM
Too bad. It would have been fun to see those flood the market.
The change in market sentiment caused by such a drop would have been not have been good. The renewal, however, does send a clear message about value and expectations coming from such a large stakeholder.

touchring
12th March 2007, 06:15 AM
The change in market sentiment caused by such a drop would have been not have been good. The renewal, however, does send a clear message about value and expectations coming from such a large stakeholder.

If i can get my hands on some of the drops, i don't mind the temporary setup. :p

burnsinternet
12th March 2007, 06:23 AM
If i can get my hands on some of the drops, i don't mind the temporary setup. :p

That's what I was thinking.... If I picked up some of that, I would happily wait an extra year.

seamo
12th March 2007, 07:49 AM
Yes - renewal is the best outcome for the market in the long run...

alpha
12th March 2007, 08:38 AM

I agree. It would have been a doubled edged sword.

the market here at least is fragile to say the least, having a big player like TDC bail out wouldn't have been good.

Rubber Duck
12th March 2007, 09:58 AM
I'm forever blowing bubbles, Pretty bubbles in the air, They fly so high, nearly reach the sky, Then like my dreams they fade and die. ...

Well, I am happy to take a lead from TDC. As soon as all my recent transactions have cleared from our Paypal account, we will take everything through to 2008.

touchring
12th March 2007, 10:22 AM
Well done! :)

Drewbert
12th March 2007, 07:21 PM
I agree. It would have been a doubled edged sword.

the market here at least is fragile to say the least, having a big player like TDC bail out wouldn't have been good.

You don't think the report of all those prime IDN's SNAP prices on DNjournal would have raised some eyebrows?

sarcle
12th March 2007, 07:23 PM
I'm forever blowing bubbles, Pretty bubbles in the air, They fly so high, nearly reach the sky, Then like my dreams they fade and die. ...

Dude, whatever you have.... Pass some of of it over here. :)