PDA

View Full Version : Domain sales low this week

Olney
17th February 2006, 05:48 AM
On DNJournal This was a slow week
http://www.dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm

Do you think investers are finally turning away from the higher end English domains & started thinking about the low cost of investing in IDN domains?

IDNCowboy
17th February 2006, 06:20 AM
On DNJournal This was a slow week
http://www.dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm

Do you think investers are finally turning away from the higher end English domains & started thinking about the low cost of investing in IDN domains?

No, I believe on the major forums IDN's are still not of major discussion.. Some major players seem to still believe ascii is dominant... It happens to be a slow time probably as there are a few holidays. Even next week many college students that may do domains have their winter break so they'll be up north skiing.
In regards to a slow week: Hey, us domainers have to buy candy for our loved ones too. Even we need our breaks ;-)

g
17th February 2006, 06:28 AM
yeah this is a possibility

IDNs may affect the value of english names in the short time only but it will add more value on the long run . It may affect country codes domains value even more .

I think .com is the winner at the end by all means

touchring
17th February 2006, 06:28 AM
Latin domains serve the USA and maybe UK market - so they would not directly affect how IDNs perform and vice versa.

At least for top latin domains like Earth.com sold for 800k, i can't say the same for those junk names like myearthmap.com, etc.

"It may affect country codes domains value even more" -> i agree, especially for Korean latin cctld - they would practically make them redundant once the entire browser base switches to IDN capable.

Edwin
17th February 2006, 06:30 AM
Just a slow week. From experience, the wider domain industry doesn't change that quickly, especially at the top end of the market!

IDNCowboy
17th February 2006, 06:49 AM
Sadly reloj.com went in the XX,XXX amount ????? Thats really surprising considering that watches should be a big market. But as a spanish name I hope the value of these names in Japanese etc go much higher...