PDA

View Full Version : frank schilling posting about IDNs again ...

domainguru
15th March 2007, 01:45 PM
http://frankschilling.typepad.com/

First line of his post is probably most important:

"I have been giving alot of thought to IDNs lately"

He wouldn't be giving alot of thought unless he was seriously considering whether to invest in them...

Rubber Duck
15th March 2007, 02:39 PM
He won't be the only one.

The question is who is going to have the vision to move on a major portfolio acquisition.

By simply buying and publishing any of these guys could quadruple their money overnight, but they will need to be the first mover to prevent the market going against them.

My guess is that if the first offer isn't on the asking price Edwin's portfolio offer would disappear for good.

jose
15th March 2007, 03:59 PM
DomainGuru: try to have your own ideas for a change and stop the copy paste:

http://www.dnlocal.com/general_discussion_zone/frank_schilling_on_idns-t2137.0.html

blastfromthepast
15th March 2007, 04:40 PM

Kind of ironic for you to say that since your own post on dnlocal is exactly the same (ie. just posted a link to Frank's blog with no original content.)

jose
15th March 2007, 05:01 PM
Kind of ironic for you to say that since your own post on dnlocal is exactly the same (ie. just posted a link to Frank's blog with no original content.)

That's exactly the point! Check the time on both posts. And it's not the first time.

blastfromthepast
15th March 2007, 05:03 PM
That's exactly the point! Check the time on both posts. And it's not the first time.

You don't get it do you. You copy a link to someone else's blog (Frank Schilling's). You post it. No original content.

DomainGuru posts a link to Frank Schilling's blog.

Neither of you is providing any of your own ideas, just copy pasting links.

Why are you upset?

jose
15th March 2007, 05:13 PM
Why are you upset?

Because. And also because DG, just like I did, draws attention to the first like on frankschilling's post. Is he picking on me or what?

alpha
15th March 2007, 05:25 PM
what the f does it matter.

back on topic...

jose
15th March 2007, 05:57 PM
what the f does it matter.

back on topic...

It matters to me. I pick on people who pick with me. I do it till they understand how wrong they were. People are funny; most of the times they only understand when you give them the same treatment.

domainguru
15th March 2007, 06:32 PM
It matters to me. I pick on people who pick with me. I do it till they understand how wrong they were. People are funny; most of the times they only understand when you give them the same treatment.

Stop being a baby. I am not even a member of dnlocal, so how on earth could I possibly know you had posted there?

Drewbert
15th March 2007, 06:54 PM
Did you have an argument with Pedro this morning, Jose?

alpha
15th March 2007, 09:39 PM
... anyway

So Franks message on IDN's seems to be, they have a future, but prospective investors don't need to pounce now, you can wait - as it will be a while until they become valuable.

is that about it?

Giant
15th March 2007, 10:09 PM

http://www.dnlocal.com/general_discussion_zone/frank_schilling_on_idns-t2137.0.html

Jose, DG constaltly offers valuable ideas and opinions with good judgment. He doesn't need a change. You're still not willing to forget... :-)

Rubber Duck
15th March 2007, 10:50 PM
... anyway

So Franks message on IDN's seems to be, they have a future, but prospective investors don't need to pounce now, you can wait - as it will be a while until they become valuable.

is that about it?

Look, if he were going to try to bring down a portfolio, how would you expect him to behave? Would he drive through IDNFs with a Van mounted megafone?

Unfortunately, in this game you are left to double guess. If wrong less than half the time you are probably still ahead of the game.

alpha
15th March 2007, 10:59 PM
Look, if he were going to try to bring down a portfolio, how would you expect him to behave? Would he drive through IDNFs with a Van mounted megafone?

Unfortunately, in this game you are left to double guess. If wrong less than half the time you are probably still ahead of the game.

actually i assume he wasn't playing strategic mis-information games, and was in fact more than rich enough already, and what he was saying was in fact his genuine opinion and not a smoke screen.

maybe i am being naive

Rubber Duck
15th March 2007, 11:03 PM
I haven't a clue what he is up to, but I would hazard a guess that you don't get that Rich without being able to put on a poker face once in a while.

touchring
15th March 2007, 11:05 PM
http://www.vboycegalleries.com/images/product/67/Hill_D_Poker%20facelrg.jpg

Wot
16th March 2007, 01:29 AM
Seems to be his fair and honest assesment about IDN's and he is certainly not knocking them.

However it certainly does appear that he is not aware of how most of the top names in a number of tld /cctlds have already been taken. :cool:

touchring
16th March 2007, 03:17 AM
Seems to be his fair and honest assesment about IDN's and he is certainly not knocking them.

However it certainly does appear that he is not aware of how most of the top names in a number of tld /cctlds have already been taken. :cool:

Even the snaps are drying up, quality dropping by the week.

thegenius1
16th March 2007, 03:46 AM
Somebody had posted at like 7 oclockish asking Frank to please respond to the comments.... it was there for a few hours now the post is mysteriously Gone :confused:

Its just really wierd to me because it was obviously approved by him , he must have change his mind ?

Drewbert
16th March 2007, 07:26 AM
Tired of going after Rick, the moonies decided to cast aspersions against Frank.

Jeez, guys! Save your conspiracy theories for the Bush Whitehouse. You'll get better odds that way.

Rubber Duck
16th March 2007, 10:25 AM
I am not going after Frank. I think this guy deserves a lot of respect.

All I have tried to say to people, is that players like Frank are not going to put all their cards on the table, and may not be fully up to speed.

To be fully up to speed, he would have needed to visit either here or DNL or both. The quality of information required is just not available in a condensed form elsewhere, at least not in English.

I haven't seen him here, and I haven't seen him at DNL. Doesn't mean that he hasn't shown up unannounced. He may or may not be ready to commit IDN. He is definitely interested. Only a fool tells everyone exactly what his plans are. I would give Frank a bit more respect than that.