PDA

View Full Version : £8.5 million offer Rejected

thegenius1
15th March 2007, 08:58 PM
The teen claims to be making about £2,500 a month from ads , how and why would he decline such a huge offer from the BBC ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/technology/technology.html?in_article_id=442064&in_page_id=1965

mulligan
15th March 2007, 09:18 PM
It's not always about the money, as he has just proved

blastfromthepast
15th March 2007, 09:30 PM
It's not always about the money, as he has just proved

If he was smart, he would take the money, and buy a nice domain and recreate his original site. But being a stubborn youngster he refused.

xxbossmanxx
15th March 2007, 10:30 PM
Obv. He is smart. He built one of the biggest sites on the net starting out at age 12.

Maybe if he took the money he would waste it all and end up with a cocaine habit and dead at 21.

bramiozo
15th March 2007, 11:46 PM
I don't think this is real guys, no traffic according to alexa, the forum is pretty much dead, the 'shop' leads to a amazon affiliate page, the 'radio' is ukfm which is not related to that website, the sponsors; the local youth council of hertforshire, his high school, some obscure teenstar.... and if you consider the amount of ads and the low quality of the interface..nehhh no way someone wanted to pay a dime for this.

Rubber Duck
16th March 2007, 12:02 AM
The BBC is a public service broadcasting service.

I am not saying that the money is always well spent, but I cannot see them throwing money down the toilet like this. The only people who get decent expenses are the bloody politiicians that are responsible for approving the funding.

blastfromthepast
16th March 2007, 12:39 AM
The article says "To log onto the site visit www.sharpe-news.co.uk/sn/index.php"

But the domain doesn't exist!

$ whois sharpe-news.co.uk
No match for "sharpe-news.co.uk".
This domain name has not been registered.
WHOIS lookup made at 00:36:47 16-Mar-2007

But it looks like someone just registered it!

thegenius1
16th March 2007, 01:06 AM
The article says "To log onto the site visit www.sharpe-news.co.uk/sn/index.php"

But the domain doesn't exist!

$ whois sharpe-news.co.uk
No match for "sharpe-news.co.uk".
This domain name has not been registered.
WHOIS lookup made at 00:36:47 16-Mar-2007

But it looks like someone just registered it!

Its actually www.sharpenews.co.uk