PDA

View Full Version : T.R.A.F.F.I.C. auction sales

drbiohealth
16th March 2007, 02:37 AM
Glad to share with you all that my following domains got auctioned off successfully.

antiagingproduct.com - $2700
allergens.com $9,101
geneticprofile.com $1,180
lovenovel.com $770

Antiagingproduct.com was auctioned live while the rest were put in silent mode.
Don't understand their rationale of choosing domains for live auction vis-a-vis silent! Was really surprised when sprays.com was directed to silent mode...anyways!

Still, kudos to Monte overall for managing a complex task. I hope they try to improve overtime.

https://marketplacepro.moniker.com/auction/index.html

Anybody else shedding Ascii flab .. ;)

Giant
16th March 2007, 03:37 AM
Excellent! That means TRAFFIC is a good opportunity to sell domains or even IDNs. Maybe we should have some talks with Rick and Monte for IDN auction at next TRAFFIC, just don't let RD know :)

IDNCowboy
16th March 2007, 04:40 AM
Excellent! That means TRAFFIC is a good opportunity to sell domains or even IDNs. Maybe we should have some talks with Rick and Monte for IDN auction at next TRAFFIC, just don't let RD know :)
IDNs were listed at this past TRAFFIC in the silent auction. None made the live auction. None were bid on in either live/silent. It was a complete failure. Moniker didn't even pick out good ones that had been submitted. As long as Rick is running the show it won't be a success. He is anti IDN.

jose
16th March 2007, 05:00 AM
IDNs were listed at this past TRAFFIC in the silent auction. None made the live auction. None were bid on in either live/silent. It was a complete failure. Moniker didn't even pick out good ones that had been submitted. As long as Rick is running the show it won't be a success. He is anti IDN.

What you don't know and that posted here from day one was that their system would not allow IDNs to be entered, lol. Error after error.

How do I know that? I figured it out the moment I saw the MS Excel file.

Olney
16th March 2007, 05:36 AM
I don't believe in the conspiracy theories
Rick Schwartz & the domaining community are not against us.
This whole thing is a business, they've made their millions already.

Giant
16th March 2007, 06:32 AM
I don't believe in the conspiracy theories
Rick Schwartz & the domaining community are not against us.
This whole thing is a business, they've made their millions already.

I agree with you Olney.

I think we should stop the myth that Rick or TRAFFIC is anti IDN. I understand Rick could be a bit angry at RD and was not willing to promote IDN at the last TRAFFIC, but I don't believe the popularity of IDN would post any threat to Rick's own interest. The value of premium ASCII domains will continue to go up with or without IDN, only junk ASCIIs will be affected. Rick only invests in top domains, so he should have no reasons to anti IDN. I remember he did say something good about IDN before he had arguments with RD on DNForum.

I really think we should try to have a good discussion with Rick and Monte to prepare a successful IDN auction at next TRAFFIC. It's a win win for both of us.

I always remind people the lone voice from the desert in 2004 - 05 and how RD has contributed to the popularity of IDN. RD had done his job well and successful, and now it's time other members especially those with business experience should stand up and represent our community to network with other organizations.

I enjoy reading RD's comments --- accurate, critical and humorous. But I think he should play the role of a commentator of our community and let other members do the job of representing. A commentator is seldom a good ambassador.

"This whole thing is a business...", very good Olney, we should act like businessmen!

Rubber Duck
16th March 2007, 10:09 AM

I have absolutely no problem with whether TRAFFICs sells IDN or not.

We are all servants of the market, not its master. The market is going to get a hell of a lot tougher real soon. DNLocal will be launching Realtime IDN auctions as early as next month. I make no commitment that we will stop with IDN. Our philosophy is to serve local markets and the US is the biggest of these.

What I can promise is the we will undercut both Sedo and Moniker and we will provide a better service. If they leave the IDN floor open to us we will use them as a mop.

I think Monte's biggest problem is the availability of good domains to sell. The price of crap seems to be rising, but despite selling twice as many domains this time, the total take was about the same. The quality names have disappeared. You can only sell them to End Users so many times.

The other problem he faces is the exclusivity angle. How can you be that exclusive when instead of furnishing exotic products, you are shovelling junk by the ton. Tell me honestly, how many of the names sold this time have you rushed out to check translations for?

drbiohealth
17th March 2007, 01:02 AM
I find no logical reason why TRAFFIC would be interested in IDNs as they are already comfortably rolling in ascii domain moolah. Perhaps, they do not see potential in IDNs at this moment in time. It is amply clear that we cannot change their current perception, however, time perhaps can. So, let the time do its job and we do ours. In a nutshell, there is absolutely no point in throwing mud at them.

DNLocal will be launching Realtime IDN auctions as early as next month. I make no commitment that we will stop with IDN. Our philosophy is to serve local markets and the US is the biggest of these.

That's the way RD! Be proactive and set good examples. Good luck to you all on your new endeavour.

Peace on Earth!

Rubber Duck
17th March 2007, 11:57 AM
I find no logical reason why TRAFFIC would be interested in IDNs as they are already comfortably rolling in ascii domain moolah. Perhaps, they do not see potential in IDNs at this moment in time. It is amply clear that we cannot change their current perception, however, time perhaps can. So, let the time do its job and we do ours. In a nutshell, there is absolutely no point in throwing mud at them.

That's the way RD! Be proactive and set good examples. Good luck to you all on your new endeavour.

Peace on Earth!

Thank-you,

The Domain Market has been taken for granted by some for too long.

We will show them that to thrive they must compete. The problem we have faced is that nobody has been threatening to eat their lunch. Well, I am a proud man and one of my few talents is being able to eat an awful lot. And yes this is about Egos. We are going to be playing King of the Hill.

We will, however, from here no limit our discussion to comparisons of the services that we provide. If they do the same, they won't have much to talk about.