PDA

View Full Version : Namedrive Question

idn
17th February 2006, 01:40 PM
How does Namedrive handle ad displays. For example, I have a few Spanish domains (non idn) that are parked at Sedo and when someone visits the parked page from a Spanish speaking country ads are displayed in that language (based on ip address). Is the same true for Namedrive?

idn
18th February 2006, 05:21 PM
Can anyone enlighten me?

gari
18th February 2006, 06:07 PM
Hi Idn,
Just to let you know all my idn's display english adverts. I have been trying to find company's that display native language adverts. Keep hitting a brick wall, will keep everybody posted if i find anything.

Regards
Gari

idn
18th February 2006, 06:34 PM
What country are you viewing them from?

To clarify, if you visit a domain that you have parked at sedo, in the top right corner you can do a language switch between 15-20 different languages. Sedo usually displays this language according to your ip address. This is nice for even if the ads are English the language of the site can be Russian, Turkish, etc... I am just trying to figure out if Namedrive displays languages in a similar manner.

gari
19th February 2006, 09:08 AM
Hi Idn,
I am veiwing from the UK and all my ads are displayed in english, they are all parked at namedrive. I did have them parked at sedo but had to many problems with there system. I have Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Tamil, Korean, Greek, Thai. Your domain name is displayed in native language but that is all at the moment. You can run you page through a translation software and your ads will show native language but that's not ethical, when you click the ads you will be presented with a english website, which in the long term will hurt you because users will not trust you. What we want will happen it just takes time.

Regards

Gari