PDA

View Full Version : IDN "may" be introduced by 2008...

bwhhisc
16th March 2007, 10:28 AM
With that title, perhaps he should learn a bit about the subject he is writing about!

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7006729310

rhys
16th March 2007, 10:57 AM
With that title, perhaps he should learn a bit about the subject he is writing about!

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7006729310

pisses me off. learn a little bit about the subject doofus.

dnnames
16th March 2007, 11:08 AM
wtf rofl bit late for that announcement.

Rubber Duck
16th March 2007, 11:17 AM
Be patient. They are all getting there.

The early bird might get the worm, but the Fox was in the hen house at 4am.

seamo
16th March 2007, 11:52 AM
The early bird might get the worm, but the Fox was in the hen house at 4am.
Don't you mean the Duck?...;)

bwhhisc
16th March 2007, 12:33 PM
Don't you mean the Duck?...;)
Nope, I think he means the fox. lol

alpha
16th March 2007, 01:56 PM
Breaking News: Man may invent wheel soon.

Rubber Duck
16th March 2007, 01:58 PM
Breaking News: Man may invent wheel soon.

Man has already invented wheel. And the square ones work just fine!

sarcle
16th March 2007, 03:15 PM
It's nice to know that my IDN sites don't "REALLY" exist yet. :)

Of course I'm willing to accept that this is all a dream and I'm about to wake up soon.

markits
16th March 2007, 03:23 PM
Does it mean idn.idn will be introduced in 2008?

Rubber Duck
16th March 2007, 03:27 PM
Does it mean idn.idn will be introduced in 2008?

I think it means that they are expecting to launch DNAME in 2008.

China already has IDN.IDN, I expect we will see a limited service from ICANN in the near future. This might be launched under the discription "Test Bed".

mdw
16th March 2007, 03:38 PM
No this is really breaking news - highly secret until now!

(Reuters - San Francisco) - A wealthy, unnamed Chinese businessman is poised to propose a new sTLD to ICANN for rollout next January, you guessed it .IDN

"We've been hearing so much about IDN these days", said the anonymous man with a 2-letter last name. "We just thought, why not sponsor a new TLD, completely IDN compatible, where we can publicize IDNs?"

"Any time someone wanted to discuss DNAME this would make it more difficult, as there would now be ambiguity to the phrase "IDN.IDN" which would refer to a website I would manage." He continued saying "and I could have a field day getting free publicity for my sites like chinese.idn, japanese.idn etc. I'm going to make a lot of money!"

Rubber Duck
16th March 2007, 03:45 PM
Nice try, but I won't buy it without a link!

No this is really breaking news - highly secret until now!

(Reuters - San Francisco) - A wealthy, unnamed Chinese businessman is poised to propose a new sTLD to ICANN for rollout next January, you guessed it .IDN

"We've been hearing so much about IDN these days", said the anonymous man with a 2-letter last name. "We just thought, why not sponsor a new TLD, completely IDN compatible, where we can publicize IDNs?"

"Any time someone wanted to discuss DNAME this would make it more difficult, as there would now be ambiguity to the phrase "IDN.IDN" which would refer to a website I would manage." He continued saying "and I could have a field day getting free publicity for my sites like chinese.idn, japanese.idn etc. I'm going to make a lot of money!"