PDA

View Full Version : Your critique has helped ty. Here is the result...

xxbossmanxx
18th March 2007, 07:45 PM
Hey all,

Thank you to all the people who commented on my website build. This is an important one because I will have many IDN domains with this build cloned.

I took every single comment to heart and revised the index page to this new look here. further comments are welcome :)

http://www.im4poker.com

chaumi
19th March 2007, 08:23 AM
Looks a lot cleaner. The flags have gone ( thought they were there when I checked last night)...is this intentional? Offering the chance to go straight to users language might be a good thing - though the flags may be too much that close to the banner. Flags may work just above the tournament section

You could sell the benefits of the features more, for example I don't know what benefits 'member managed' gives me. If you do this, you may need to rearrange wording to keep it short and hit the main points with the least text possible.

Example............

IM4 Poker - more than an online poker room. Join free and enjoy our stellar 50% rakeback and 100% deposit bonuses - some of the best bonuses in online poker.

Join our poker community, with (list community features). IM4 Poker is member managed - (and the benefit to you of this is?).

jose
19th March 2007, 10:06 AM
Back ontopic, why pokerdream? Thanks.

Olney
19th March 2007, 11:31 AM
Thread cleaned up
User banned for 2 weeks
KEEP THE DISCUSSIONS on topic...

Rubber Duck
19th March 2007, 12:06 PM
Bossman, I think your problem is not so much your ability to programme a site, but having a business strategy for that site.

The questions are where do intend to take this and how are you going to get there? You need a robust business plan. At the moment I don't see that, and I have no useful suggestions at that level.

alpha
19th March 2007, 12:07 PM
I like your site Bossman.

but i think it's missing one thing, have you thought about including some religous affiliate links

xxbossmanxx
19th March 2007, 05:46 PM
Cool, this stuff helps.

Jose, the dl goes to pokerdream which is the network I am affiliated with, I am called a skin network. I run a branded affiliate skin.

Alpha, TY for liking the new look

Rubber Duck, I have owned several biz in the past from dominos pizzas to many online stuff. I know wazzup with biz, my whole family owns all kinds of multi million dollar builds however you are semi correct since this is a site I have built for fun as a winning poker player who happens to know how to code. You should see the engine and biz model I have built. it's already making good $ All signs point to the fact that a dismal success would make me over 1,000 Eu per day baby :) I really need a UK baller with some vision to partner up u know any ;)

Olney, nice forum ty!

Chaumi, The new build will have language browser detection and auto ship to correct build for browser and lang. I wanted to clean it up. TY for your input!

jose
19th March 2007, 06:34 PM
Cool, this stuff helps.

Jose, the dl goes to pokerdream which is the network I am affiliated with, I am called a skin network. I run a branded affiliate skin.

Yes, yes, I know that. My question was, why?
I mean why have you choosen then. I guess you must have done some research and compared some other similar poker affiliates.