IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th June 2021, 02:30 PM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation
I only went out for some milk

Back now.
What did I miss?
Old 28th June 2021, 04:03 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough
Re: I only went out for some milk

Hello Gary....not sure you missed much, just have to say that there is still a market for premium IDNs but offers are typically weak.
I tried emailing you a few time, do you have a new email address?

I guess the concensus among some is that Verisign dropped the ball by splitting the root and not staying course with the original plan for idn.com to have exclusive rights to idn.idn.

We all should have all diversified into some investment into Bitcoin when it was a popular topic here in 2013.

The Forum has been a place to chat Crypto lately.....been kicking around the idea of expanding the Forum Name and discussions to :
IDNs, Cryptocurrencies and Numeric Domains.

Any comments welcome! .

Last edited by bwhhisc; 28th June 2021 at 05:37 PM..
Old 28th June 2021, 05:51 PM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

Thanks Bill- so same as before then.
I too have been playing in crypto since just before 2017.
It’s funny when I think back - Jose was touting bitcoin back then and we all largely pretty much mocked him. I hope you’re a wealthy guy Jose! And for once (just once though) I admit I should have paid attention to that particular idea of yours
Old 29th June 2021, 07:33 PM

Kent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enough

I like the idea of expanding the Forum Name and discussions to:
IDNs and Cryptocurrencies. It would better suit my current interests.
Old 30th June 2021, 01:05 AM

Fka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enough

I always think about the day Adam asked me to buy BTC back in the day and I said hell no . Oh well — still holding a bunch of domains. 15+ years damn.
Old 3rd July 2021, 01:39 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent99 View Post
I like the idea of expanding the Forum Name and discussions to:
IDNs and Cryptocurrencies. It would better suit my current interests.
I think everyone would be in favor....just need to find someone with vBulletin experience that would help set up the discussion areas so PM me if interested and i will chat with Drewbert and email Sal who helped a lot before
when we revamped the forum a long, long time ago
Old 5th July 2021, 08:31 PM

techguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished road

Good idea. Wondering who manages the forum now. Adding a SSL certificate won't cost a dime, but it gives credibility and SE indexing a great boost. It needs to be addressed first, IMHO.

Last edited by techguy; 5th July 2021 at 08:32 PM..
Old 24th July 2021, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguy View Post
Good idea. Wondering who manages the forum now. Adding a SSL certificate won't cost a dime, but it gives credibility and SE indexing a great boost. It needs to be addressed first, IMHO.
You can pm me with any ideas, I make sure the hosting is paid monthly.
On the technical side Drewbert would be the one who has been keeping up with that side of things.
Hoping when i get more time to expand the forum into some Cryptocurrency boards.
Old 25th July 2021, 12:55 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguy View Post
Yeah. I was using DNSSEC and DANE on my server for years but those fuckers at Mozilla and Google refused to let DANE take off (due to them losing control) so reluctantly I had to switch to letsencrypt.

Good idea to get https going on idnforums.com. I shall get onto it.
Old 26th July 2021, 01:20 AM

Kent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enough

Thanks Drewbert