IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th September 2021, 06:28 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough
Re: CRYPTO CURRENCY THREAD- Bitcoin breaks $50K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent99 View Post
There is a crypto-style mutual fund of sorts. 1/3rd BTC 1/3rd ETH and 1/3rd DeFi tokens, which I like. I can't find the ticker symbol right now.
maybe this one:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...largest-crypto
Old 8th September 2021, 12:44 AM

Kent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enough

That sounds like a good option, then you don't have to worry about losing your seed phrase or getting hacked. But the one I was thinking of has the ticker symbol BED and is a token itself.
Old 11th September 2021, 04:32 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Here's a guy who is pessimistic on the whole Crypto market, an interesting read.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/crypt...162000886.html
Old 18th October 2021, 01:40 PM

Bitcoin on a ride......up over $ 60k

There is probably more upside to some of the smaller coins, anyone looking at anything interesting at this time. I will post a few in the next few days!
Old 20th October 2021, 09:23 AM

123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road

why in a few days? post them now. lol

KDA, LUNA, ENJ are promising IMO.
Old 23rd October 2021, 08:26 PM

Check out LTO and see what you think.

Not the easiest to buy, but they seem to be ahead of the curve on practical technology that can be scaled up easily.
Old 24th October 2021, 07:08 AM

123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc View Post
Check out LTO and see what you think.

Not the easiest to buy, but they seem to be ahead of the curve on practical technology that can be scaled up easily.
I have LTO since Feb 2021 but the price hasn't really moved.
It was very promising back then:

some of the highest transaction number in crypto
rapidly growing usage
real use case
several government partnerships
buying up/merging with other great projects
very cheap

what happened then was that didn't go up much during altseason because people were chasing meme coins
transactions dropped 50% because they sold a part of their business
merger with other project failed
project with afghan gov failed because of political crisis
UN partnership delayed

So perhaps due to a string of bad luck it underperformed. Not following this project much atm but i still think it is an ok project and the price is very low.

https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/lto-network

In case it becomes a hot project again price could go up alot.

I bought KDA back in April, price went up but crashed when there was a temporary bear market in BTC and a coinbase listing did not materialize.

Almost felt like a failed investment but then it bounced back and price went parabolic.

https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/kadena

Already did 10x my money and with some luck and a bull market in altcoins I could see this doing another 10x, possible 100x total return.

So alts can be totally unpredictable

Last edited by 123; 24th October 2021 at 07:09 AM..
Old 9th November 2021, 08:02 PM

The Crypto World is rocking !!

LTO is on the move too

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/lto-network/

Last edited by bwhhisc; 9th November 2021 at 08:51 PM..
Old 12th November 2021, 07:54 AM

I think I found another possible moonshot opportunity (Warning: High risk, high reward. This could lose 98% of it's value)

It's not as promising as KDA at 1$ but still interesting.

The name is DERO. It's a private smart contract platform, the first one in the space.

Monero (XMR) is a private cryptocurrency like Bitcoin. DERO aims to be a private and better Ethereum. Privacy coins have not done terribly well during this bull market but they are still one of the niches that are here to stay.

Monero is approximately 0.3% of Bitcoins market cap. If DERO had 0.3% of the market cap of ETH it would have a market cap of 1.7 billion. It's current market cap is 290 million. That's a 6x.

The project is totally under the radar no real hype or FOMO yet. but the chart looks like it's in steady accumulation and I think the product is unique and does not exist anywhere else, a first of it's kind. They have more interesting and innovative features, it's not just privacy that they offer. DERO makes anonymous DeFi possible. With blockchain all transactions are public and recorded forever and can be traced quite efficiently, privacy coins aim to eliminate traceability. The government does of course not like this as we have seen a general trend towards complete loss of privacy in traditional banking and that's why I am generally not so bullish on privacy coins as there have been and will be attempts to outlaw them. That being said the demand for private financial services is huge, keep in mind how big Swiss banking used to be. Privacy coins could be seen as a early digital version of Swiss bank accounts and DERO has the most and the most innovative features so far.

Earlier this year another privacy project called PirateChain pumped a lot, reaching a peak market cap of 2 billion dollars. I think DERO is better than this project so I don't think a market cap in the billions is out of question in the coming months if things go well and with some luck.

Last edited by 123; 12th November 2021 at 08:09 AM..
Old 15th November 2021, 02:30 PM

wondering if anyone else looking at these and have an opinion.

we are still liking LTO for the long haul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
I think I found another possible moonshot opportunity (Warning: High risk, high reward. This could lose 98% of it's value)

It's not as promising as KDA at 1$ but still interesting.

The name is DERO. It's a private smart contract platform, the first one in the space.

Monero (XMR) is a private cryptocurrency like Bitcoin. DERO aims to be a private and better Ethereum. Privacy coins have not done terribly well during this bull market but they are still one of the niches that are here to stay.

Monero is approximately 0.3% of Bitcoins market cap. If DERO had 0.3% of the market cap of ETH it would have a market cap of 1.7 billion. It's current market cap is 290 million. That's a 6x.

The project is totally under the radar no real hype or FOMO yet. but the chart looks like it's in steady accumulation and I think the product is unique and does not exist anywhere else, a first of it's kind. They have more interesting and innovative features, it's not just privacy that they offer. DERO makes anonymous DeFi possible. With blockchain all transactions are public and recorded forever and can be traced quite efficiently, privacy coins aim to eliminate traceability. The government does of course not like this as we have seen a general trend towards complete loss of privacy in traditional banking and that's why I am generally not so bullish on privacy coins as there have been and will be attempts to outlaw them. That being said the demand for private financial services is huge, keep in mind how big Swiss banking used to be. Privacy coins could be seen as a early digital version of Swiss bank accounts and DERO has the most and the most innovative features so far.

Earlier this year another privacy project called PirateChain pumped a lot, reaching a peak market cap of 2 billion dollars. I think DERO is better than this project so I don't think a market cap in the billions is out of question in the coming months if things go well and with some luck.
Old 21st November 2021, 02:08 PM

Still a wild ride.....saw an article on these 'speculative' up and comers.
Just my 2c.....if you buy, be prepared to lose you investment.
Curious if anyone sees any long term plays here:

The Sandbox (SAND)
Crypto.com coin (CRO)
Voyager (VGX)
Koinos Network (KOIN)
TomoChain (TOMO)
AirSwap (AST)
Old 21st November 2021, 09:54 PM

I think CRO could have long term potential.

https://www.latimes.com/business/sto...crypto-staples

If you want very high risk very high reward buy DOP(Drops ownership power) below $15 million market cap. Could do a 10-20x perhaps more.

If NFT DefI and lending becomes a hot niche this project could explode.

Last edited by 123; 21st November 2021 at 09:56 PM..
Old 27th November 2021, 05:47 PM

The Wild World of Crypto is at it again......most major Crypto coins down 10, 15, 20% and more.
Some would call this a buying opportunity!
Others say its going to drop even further....

Last edited by bwhhisc; 27th November 2021 at 05:55 PM..
Old 5th December 2021, 08:00 PM

Dropping even further it did...

Anyone go any thoughts on the "next" big coin
Old 6th December 2021, 07:02 AM

if you are in a gambling mood a possible very high risk very high reward play is DOP.

Other coins that are often mentioned are XCAD, HTR, QRDO.

DYOR.
Old 6th December 2021, 03:39 PM

techguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished road

Eur Shib was up by 25000% the next day after its launch, made many people rich in 24 hrs. Those who have invested a mere 100 bucks made $2.5M the next day.
Old 10th December 2021, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguy View Post
Eur Shib was up by 25000% the next day after its launch, made many people rich in 24 hrs. Those who have invested a mere 100 bucks made $2.5M the next day.
LOL...how did we miss that one!
Old 15th December 2021, 12:35 AM

Kent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enough

I'm baffled as to why so many people invest in meme coins with no utility or function. Although in retrospect, I wish I had put some money into Dogecoin, Shiba Inu, and Floki Inu among others.
Old 15th December 2021, 09:17 PM

Hi Kent
Here is one of the threads
We are looking at making a Crypto Sub Forum seeing if Drew or Sal can create that
Old 18th December 2021, 01:29 PM

Looks like Bitcoin won't make its big numbers by end of year, there are predictions of further price drops. .